how to keep state of checkboxes and textfields

Discussion in 'HTML' started by SteKel2002, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. SteKel2002

    SteKel2002 Guest

    Hi,

    I'm struggling with a checkbox and textfield problem, for which i can't find
    any solutions. Maybe the goal is a bit exceptional, but i'll try to explain
    to this group anyway.

    I have created a simple webpage for only 3 users. The page contains a form
    with several checkboxes and textfields, which have to be checked, unchecked
    or filled in by the users. The things one user changed should be visible for
    the next user and so on. Eventually the page should display an actual status
    of all the individual users changes, with checked boxes, unchecked boxes and
    filled or empty textfields.

    For example: checkbox A, B and C are all unchecked and textfield D is empty.
    User X checks box A and puts "message for Jack" in the textfield. The next
    day user Y finds box A checked, boxes B and C unchecked and the message in
    the textfield. Now this user can do it's changes on the page, which will be
    presented in that state when the next user visits it.

    And there is the problem! As soon as the page reloads, all the changes
    disappear because the fields are reset to their original, empty values. I've
    looked for scripts, programming possibilities for FrontPage 2003 and so on,
    but found nothing relevant.

    Who can help, preferably in simple A-through-Z-steps?
    Thanks a lot!

    Gerard
    SteKel2002, Dec 21, 2003