How to keep URL in the web browser address bar unchanged ?? - URGENT..

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ahmed Jewahar, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I do not use Frames in my application.(no plan to use since I'm using
    User control)

    I use a "user control" which contain a menu in each .aspx pages. Upon
    clicking option from menu I use server.transfer to navigate between
    pages. But, in the web browser address bar displays the URL of the page
    currently on.

    I'm looking for a solution where I need to maintain my Homepage address
    (http:\\mypplicaiton.com\login.aspx) always in the address bar of Web
    browser. Looking for a simple solution that can be maintained in ther
    server side.(alternatively client side if no server side solution
    available)

    Any ideas ? Kindly advise.

    Rgds

    Ahmed Jewahar, Jan 23, 2006

  2. Ahmed,

    The easiest way to do this would be to load your user controls dynamically
    and load every user control onto the same login.aspx page.

    I have a few pieces of sample code for loading controls dynamically in the
    code library of my website. I think that if you take a look at those it may
    be a solution for you. http://www.aboutfortunate.com?page=codelibrary. Use
    the search box to look for "Dynamic Controls" and you'll see a few
    examples/advice.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP