How to keep URL in the web browser address bar unchanged ?? - URGENT..

Ahmed Jewahar

Hi,

I do not use Frames in my application.(no plan to use since I'm using
User control)

I use a "user control" which contain a menu in each .aspx pages. Upon
clicking option from menu I use server.transfer to navigate between
pages. But, in the web browser address bar displays the URL of the page
currently on.

I'm looking for a solution where I need to maintain my Homepage address
(http:\\mypplicaiton.com\login.aspx) always in the address bar of Web
browser. Looking for a simple solution that can be maintained in ther
server side.(alternatively client side if no server side solution
available)

Any ideas ? Kindly advise.

Rgds

S. Justin Gengo [MCP]

Ahmed,

The easiest way to do this would be to load your user controls dynamically
and load every user control onto the same login.aspx page.

I have a few pieces of sample code for loading controls dynamically in the
code library of my website. I think that if you take a look at those it may
be a solution for you. http://www.aboutfortunate.com?page=codelibrary. Use
the search box to look for "Dynamic Controls" and you'll see a few
examples/advice.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP