    (employee) or external user (vendor).

    Thanks

    Chris

    Chris, Mar 24, 2010

  2. Chris wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an extranet site (asp.net), we want that if an employee click
    > on the link, it will automatically get them in. But if an external
    > user does it, they will be redirected to a login page.
    >
    > is it possible? how to know if a request come from internal user
    > (employee) or external user (vendor).

    The server has no way to sense the vibes of the person whose
    interactions with a computer caused it to send the server a request to
    determine his status with respect to the company.

    You can find out the *IP address* of the device from which the request
    is coming to see if it's an intranet or Internet address. That's

    Request.ServerVariables["LOCAL_ADDR"]

    But since employees can and probably will access the site from outside
    your intranet, and since unauthorized visitors of exactly the sort you
    want to keep out of your site can sneak into your office and then gain
    access from inside your intranet when no one's looking, this doesn't
    really help you.

    If you are absolutely certain that no non-employee will EVER access this
    site from inside your office, and your employees are content to log in
    when they are outside the office, then you may be all right. But if you
    care about security, you won't count on it.

    Harlan Messinger, Mar 25, 2010

  3. Chris

    Andy O'Neill Guest

    Re: how to know if a request come from internal user (employee) or external user (vendor)

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an extranet site (asp.net), we want that if an employee click
    > on the link, it will automatically get them in. But if an external
    > user does it, they will be redirected to a login page.
    >
    > is it possible? how to know if a request come from internal user
    > (employee) or external user (vendor).
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris

    I think you can do that with membership provider, although you'll need to
    write some code to extend the provider a bit.
    If you set it to use activedirectory then handle those with no (valid)
    active directory by making them log in.
    I couldn't find a specific example but you should be more motivated in your
    googling.

    Andy O'Neill, Mar 25, 2010
  4. Chrsi,

    One person would be the usual haveing talk to network persons redirect
    on class C or internal address. redirected with a javascripting.

    Haveing good days

    Shusta

    shusta guthnar, Mar 26, 2010