    Because if it doesn't my program probably won't even run.

    Thanks
    Kumar
    Kumar Bhogaraju, Jun 10, 2006

  2. "Kumar Bhogaraju" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    C0B03BDE.486%...

    |I am a newbie to .Net environment. I am writing a small network program in
    | C#. How can I make sure that the end user machine has .Net framework?
    | Because if it doesn't my program probably won't even run.

    If you mean, can your program detect whether the framework is installed,
    then you would need to have a "bootstrap" program written for Win32 without
    ..NET that checks for the framework and then launches your real .NET program.

    Otherwise your .NET only program would not even run to check for the
    framework, because the framework isn't there.

    I suppose the ultimate check is, if it doesn't run, the framework isn't
    installed :))

    Joanna

    --
    Joanna Carter [TeamB]
    Consultant Software Engineer
    Joanna Carter [TeamB], Jun 10, 2006

  3. Kumar Bhogaraju

    Tom Guest

    The NET runtime installs a registry key, you can check it.

    For example,
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v1.1

    for version 1.1.

    -- Tom

    Tom, Jun 12, 2006
  4. Kumar Bhogaraju

    Roman Guest

    > |I am a newbie to .Net environment. I am writing a small network program
    > in
    > | C#. How can I make sure that the end user machine has .Net framework?
    > | Because if it doesn't my program probably won't even run.
    >
    > If you mean, can your program detect whether the framework is installed,
    > then you would need to have a "bootstrap" program written for Win32
    > without
    > .NET that checks for the framework and then launches your real .NET
    > program.

    for more information, look at this example:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ydh6b3yb.aspx
    Roman, Jun 12, 2006
  5. Kumar Bhogaraju

    Roman Guest

    Roman, Jun 12, 2006
  6. Kumar Bhogaraju

    Wolf Guest

    I have the same question
    "Kumar Bhogaraju" <>

    Wolf, Sep 5, 2006
  7. Kumar Bhogaraju

    Jon Shemitz Guest

    "Joanna Carter [TeamB]" wrote:

    > I suppose the ultimate check is, if it doesn't run, the framework isn't
    > installed :))

    Indeed. One simple solution is to write a console app that does
    nothing but return a non-zero result code. If you can run this, and
    get the right result, the framework is installed.

    This seems (to me) to be simpler than looking for the right registry
    key.

    --

    ..NET 2.0 for Delphi Programmers www.midnightbeach.com/.net
    Delphi skills make .NET easy to learn Great reviews & good sales.
    Jon Shemitz, Sep 5, 2006
  8. Hello wolf,

    See my article about this http://laflour.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!7575E2FFC19135B4!393.entry

    w> I have the same question
    w> "Kumar Bhogaraju" <>
    w> ??????:C0B03BDE.486%...
    >> I am a newbie to .Net environment. I am writing a small network
    >> program in C#. How can I make sure that the end user machine has .Net
    >> framework? Because if it doesn't my program probably won't even run.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Kumar

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche
    Michael Nemtsev, Sep 6, 2006
  9. Kumar Bhogaraju

    nidhidshah

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hello All -
    Simplest way to check this is: Go to Run -> Type Microsoft.Net, if it opens up a folder, then .Net is installed :)
    nidhidshah, Mar 5, 2009
  10. Kumar Bhogaraju

    macriyani

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    You can check which versions of .NET Framework you have already in your machine by viewing the folders in:

    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework

    The folders inside the above folder represent Framework versions you have.

    Regards
    macriyani, Jan 1, 2010
  11. Kumar Bhogaraju

    ExpertPractice

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    Simplest way to check Dotnet Framework is installed or not.

    For frendzzz still looking

    Link: downloads.easytools.com/Freebies/DetectDotnet.zip

    Download unzip
    and run the executable it will give you the message whether dotnet framework is installed on your computer or not.

    hope this will help

    @li
    ExpertPractice, Jan 15, 2010
  12. Kumar Bhogaraju

    ExpertPractice

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    1. Check Registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot
    2. Check local directory
    %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>
    where <version> is
    v1.1.4322 - Framework v1.1
    v1.0.3705 - Framework v1.0

    @li
    ExpertPractice, Feb 5, 2010
  13. Kumar Bhogaraju

    Mainkill1

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    ok I was looking at the registry key's and I got some messed up ones should I be bothered by ones like

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramewor k\Backroom\HACKED

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\fun\littel\Toy

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\bagbag\HACKED

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\LOL\Im\a\virus

    for some idk thing why I just dont like how they it comes up...
    Mainkill1, Jun 23, 2010