  1. I wanted to know in the application whether IIS Compression is enabled or not
    and switch the code accordingly, is there any way to track whether
    Compression is enabled or not in vb.net program.

    =?Utf-8?B?dnNy?=, Dec 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dnNy?=

    KJ Guest

    I think you can check the value of the Accept-Encoding header, via the
    Request.Headers collection. You'd be looking for something like the
    string value "gzip"

    KJ, Dec 13, 2005

  3. I tried this but its always returning "gzip,deflate" irrespective of whether
    the compression is enabled or not.

    =?Utf-8?B?dnNy?=, Dec 13, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dnNy?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    KJ wrote:

    > I think you can check the value of the Accept-Encoding header, via the
    > Request.Headers collection. You'd be looking for something like the
    > string value "gzip"

    This only tells you whether the *client* accepts compressed data.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto: