How to know whether current Fiber is the root Fiber?

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Hi, calling Fiber.yield without being in the context of a created
Fiber raises an error:

can't yield from root fiber (FiberError)

It makes sense, of course. However I would like to know how to check
whether I'm into the root Fiber or not. The documentation doesn't
provide a method for this purpose. Is there a way? I expected
something like Fiber#root?.

Thanks a lot.

--=20
I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo
<[email protected]>

7

7stud --

How about catching the exception?

begin
Fiber.yield
rescue FiberError
puts "In root fiber..."
puts "... so I am going to do something different here."
end

puts 'executing rest of program'

--output:--
In root fiber...
... so I am going to do something different here.
executing rest of program

Or, maybe do something like this:

7

7stud --