how to launch DSN Configuration Box through code?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Neo, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. Neo

    Neo Guest

    Hello All,

    ODBCAD32.exe launches DSN Setup. But then I have to select DSN and
    click configure to configure DSN. Is there any way, I could invoke
    configuration dialog box for particular DSN straight without lanuching
    ODBCAD32.exe?

    I am trying to write code to create DSN, if it is not present. I was
    wondering, if DSN required isn't present, I could use the built-in
    configure DSN box to take information from user. In that way, user will
    create DSN when my code is run first time on machine.

    I see, when I try to connect to ODBC DSN through Excel such behaviour.
    So, I am sure, it's possible to do. Please, let me know if anybody have
    done things.

    Thanks a lot!
    Pravin

    Neo, Jan 18, 2006