    I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
    useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
    thank you all !
    Cheng Rui, Jun 9, 2008

  2. Cheng Rui

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Cheng Rui wrote:
    > hello,all
    > I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
    > useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
    > thank you all !

    Write programs.

    It's, frankly, the only way.
    Noah Roberts, Jun 9, 2008

  3. Cheng Rui

    progmanos Guest

    On Jun 9, 11:48 am, Cheng Rui <> wrote:
    > hello,all
    > I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
    > useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
    > thank you all !

    Learn about data structures and STL. Learn different algorithms,
    APIs, and join an open source project.
    progmanos, Jun 9, 2008
  4. Cheng Rui

    Guest

    On Jun 10, 5:12 am, progmanos <> wrote:
    > On Jun 9, 11:48 am, Cheng Rui <> wrote:
    >
    > > hello,all
    > >  I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
    > > useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
    > >  thank you all !

    > Learn about data structures and STL.  Learn different algorithms,
    > APIs, and join an open source project.

    May I ask where can we join open source project? Thanks!
    , Jun 10, 2008
  5. Cheng Rui

    CAN Guest

    On Jun 10, 9:41 am, ""
    <> wrote:
    > On Jun 10, 5:12 am, progmanos <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 9, 11:48 am, Cheng Rui <> wrote:

    > > > hello,all
    > > >  I've finished <c++ primer>,but I find that I still can't write any
    > > > useful programms.Can you give me some advice to continue learning C++?
    > > >  thank you all !

    > > Learn about data structures and STL.  Learn different algorithms,
    > > APIs, and join an open source project.

    > May I ask where can we join open source project?  Thanks!

    Have you heard about SourceForge.net or savannah.gnu.org? There are
    many others open source sites, just search for open source projects if
    you are interested.
    CAN, Jun 10, 2008