How To Learn Unseen 1553 Library Routines

Haircuts Are Important

I need help. Here's your task for today. Without knowing the specific
library routines, how would you be prepared to use a library of 1553
functions. I, myself, would go out and look for documentation that
encompasses most if not all the routines that I would encounter.

So, since I'm not a 1553 expert, can you direct me to recent
documentation that tells me how to use a specific library of C
routines.

Hopefully, I will be able to use your documentation to learn how to
use my (as yet unseen) 1553 library when confronted with it.

The only documentation that I can find on the Internet are manuals
describing the standard, but nothing describing a library of
corresponding C routines.

Thank you,
Chris L.

Guest

I need help. Here's your task for today. Without knowing the specific
library routines, how would you be prepared to use a library of 1553
functions.

MIL-STD-1553 bus? read up about the bus? Wikipedia's heard of it.
I, myself, would go out and look for documentation that
encompasses most if not all the routines that I would encounter.

how would you do that? Why not read the actual documentation for the library? Does the library have source code? Example code?
So, since I'm not a 1553 expert, can you direct me to recent
documentation that tells me how to use a specific library of C
routines.

lost me. Does your library come with documentation? Why not read it?
Hopefully, I will be able to use your documentation to learn how to
use my (as yet unseen) 1553 library when confronted with it.

?? how would reading documentaion for the wrong library help you?
The only documentation that I can find on the Internet are manuals
describing the standard, but nothing describing a library of
corresponding C routines.

do such libraries exist? Learning about the bus (or whatever) can't do you any harm.

ImpalerCore

I need help. Here's your task for today. Without knowing the specific
library routines, how would you be prepared to use a library of 1553
functions. I, myself, would go out and look for documentation that
encompasses most if not all the routines that I would encounter.

So, since I'm not a 1553 expert, can you direct me to recent
documentation that tells me how to use a specific library of C
routines.

Hopefully, I will be able to use your documentation to learn how to
use my (as yet unseen) 1553 library when confronted with it.

The only documentation that I can find on the Internet are manuals
describing the standard, but nothing describing a library of
corresponding C routines.

You'll want to request to look at whatever vendor's 1553 API you're
interested in. The main line I'm familiar with is the Condor/GE cards/
API. There's also Alta, Ballard, and probably others. If you say
that you want to evaluate the API documentation to determine whether
to buy their hardware, they will likely allow you to see the C API.

Best regards,
John D.