    exit condition?

    Sorin

    http://mail.yahoo.com

    Sorin Schwimmer, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Sorin Schwimmer wrote:
    > to Fredrik Lundh
    > I'm afraid Claudio Grondi can't use your solution, as
    > he needs it hosted on Windows, which lacks
    > signal.alarm.
    >
    > to Claudio Grondi
    > How about splitting your loop in two? The first loop
    > would check for your boolean, which is changed by your
    > timer, the second loop will check for your "normal"
    > exit condition?

    I don't understand your proposal. Do you mean using another thread?
    I suppose, that wxPython provides something like what I am looking for,
    but using it only to speed up a Python loop is sure not an option.
    Concluding from lack of responses related to a Windows version of
    Fredriks solution I suppose, that there is no way to achieve it with
    standard Python on Windows.

    Claudio Grondi

    Claudio Grondi, Aug 28, 2006