How to let FSO access netware folder ?

Tim Tyteca

Hello,

I'm creating a poll using javascript and FSO to alter the xml file that
keeps the vote count. If I run the script locally it works fine, but
when I try to run it from a netware folder it gives a "Automation
server can't create object"-error.I'm almost 100% sure it's because of
folder rights. The logged in netware user has read,write,modify,create
and delete rights. Can anyone please help me on this?

Kind regards,

Tim

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Tim said:
Hello,

I'm creating a poll using javascript and FSO to alter the xml file that
keeps the vote count. If I run the script locally it works fine, but
when I try to run it from a netware folder it gives a "Automation
server can't create object"-error.I'm almost 100% sure it's because of
folder rights. The logged in netware user has read,write,modify,create
and delete rights. Can anyone please help me on this?

Kind regards,

Tim

If you use FSO to access the client-side file system, that won't work
unless the user explicitly accepts the action. It doesn't matter what
his privileges are. If the browser's settings are set to "disable", then
it won't even ask, it will simply refuse to create the object. If the
settings are "prompt", then the user will be asked to confirm the action.

You can use the following page for tests:
http://www.galasoft-lb.ch/myjavascript/CExplorer/index.html

HTH,
Laurent

Tim Tyteca

Thank you very much for your reply, but that part works.I can also
disable the prompting through the registry, just change the value of
the following key to 0 and hey presto:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Zones\0 => DWORD-value 1201
I guess it will only work through a novell activex object to
authenticate to the netware server to be able to access the folder.

Kind regards,

Tim