how to let shell.SendKeys use unicode on windows in python

oyster

I want to use python to do some automatical operation on windows.
the following is the code, which try to open a file with unicode
characters in its filename in msword
but I can't get it work correctly. Can anybody help me?

if that is the shortcoming of WScript, is there any other way to do so
in python?
(I know there is something like autohotkey, but I am not willing to
learn a new langauge )

thanks in advance

import time
import win32com.client

shell = win32com.client.Dispatch("WScript.Shell")
shell.AppActivate('winword')
time.sleep(0.1)

shell.SendKeys('%fo') # Alt+F, O
time.sleep(0.1)

path=r'c:\some unicode in file name.doc'
shell.SendKeys(path) #
fail on this line, no unicode appeared
shell.SendKeys('{ENTER}')