    I am developing a voting system. How to preventing a user votes
    continuously? Maybe cookie is useful here, but I don't know how to use it.
    Could you give me a example? Thanks.

    Justin, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Justin

    Steven Burn Guest

    Personally I'd have gone the HTTP_REFERER route rather than cookies. Still
    not very reliable if the user is with an ISP that uses Dynamic IPs as all
    they need to do is disconnect and re-connect but it's still better than
    cookies (IMHO anyway).

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Justin

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:00:52 -0700, Justin <> wrote:

    >I am developing a voting system. How to preventing a user votes
    >continuously? Maybe cookie is useful here, but I don't know how to use it.
    >Could you give me a example?

    You'd have found your answer by Googling:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=asp cookie tutorial

    If you just look for ASP voting scripts you'll have plenty pre-written
    and you can review all kinds of code and techniques for doing this.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 27, 2004