    I need to show 5 rows and put link for more..
    where and how to put this limit?
    on item data bound or else?

    TomislaW, Dec 8, 2004

  2. In the select statement.

    select top 5

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 8, 2004

  3. TomislaW

    TomislaW Guest

    it is not simple like that
    i have 2 repeaters one inside other
    with one select i binding two arraylists for the repeaters
    recordset is something like this:
    1 2 2 2 2
    1 3 3 3 3
    1 4 4 4 4
    2 1 1 1 1
    2 2 2 2 2
    First repeater is based on the first column
    If I put top 5 in the select I will get only two rows in the first repeater,
    but i need to limit second repeater on just 5 rows.

    TomislaW, Dec 8, 2004
  4. I still think this sort of things should be done on select stage. May be you
    should consider using only one repeater bound to one joined recordset. You
    can use select with outer join for that. Then select top 5 will do the job.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 8, 2004