How to limit the Textbox's Width????

Guest

Hi everyone,
I have a number of textboxes, lined up in a html table. I have split the
table into different columns. The column widths are all relative, that is, %
rather pixels or points so that it can grow / shrink.
The textboxes are then placed into table cells and have their widths to be
100% of the width of their container (table cells).
Example
<asp:textbox id="TextBox1" Width="100%"
Runat="Server"></asp:textbox>
<asp:textbox id="TextBox2" Width="100%"
Runat="Server"></asp:textbox>

When I display the text in TextBox1. If the text is long, the textbox
automatically resizes to display whole string and pushes everything on the
right to the right.
I don't want this, is there a way to stop it from expanding beyond its
allocated space?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Calvin

Guest

Calvin:

If you use relative resizing you cannot cap the maximum width of the
textbox. The best you can do is to optimize the display to a particular
resolution and inform the users of your application that “it is best viewed
with†that particular resolution. You can also have some server-side code
that verifies the size of the data fields that will populate the textbox and
then adjust the textbox width accordingly.

Guest

Thanks for your response Phillip. I was hoping for a more favourable solution
but i guess we've reached its limitation.

Cheers,
Calvin

Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
1 Solution : - regarding controlling the size of textboxes

Dear Friends!

regarding controlling the size of textboxes,

style="width:50px"

Yes, it helped me!

Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
as simple as that .................
add
style="table-layout:fixed;"
in the table containg this text box... it works for me.