how to link access database to asp dynamic web page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Haroon, Apr 20, 2009.

  1. Haroon

    Haroon Guest

    hi

    i would like to use access database for storing/retrieving data from my
    website instead of oracle sql server database as it is quite basic and simple
    data management.

    is there a way of doing this?

    many thanks in advance.
     
    Haroon, Apr 20, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Haroon

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Haroon wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > i would like to use access database for storing/retrieving data from my
    > website instead of oracle sql server database as it is quite basic and simple
    > data management.
    >
    > is there a way of doing this?
    >
    > many thanks in advance.
    >


    Are you talking about an ASP.NET Dynamic Data Web page?
     
    Mr. Arnold, Apr 20, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Haroon

    Pete Hurst Guest

    "Haroon" wrote:

    > i would like to use access database for storing/retrieving data from my
    > website instead of oracle sql server database as it is quite basic and
    > simple
    > data management.


    You can use a connection string like this:
    DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=path/to/database.mdb;

    Pete
     
    Pete Hurst, Apr 20, 2009
    #3
  4. Haroon

    Haroon Guest

    yes i want to build asp web page to show data from ms access database.
    also add/remove data from webpage when user clicks add/delete button/options
    cheers.


    "Mr. Arnold" wrote:

    > Haroon wrote:
    > > hi
    > >
    > > i would like to use access database for storing/retrieving data from my
    > > website instead of oracle sql server database as it is quite basic and simple
    > > data management.
    > >
    > > is there a way of doing this?
    > >
    > > many thanks in advance.
    > >

    >
    > Are you talking about an ASP.NET Dynamic Data Web page?
    >
     
    Haroon, Apr 20, 2009
    #4
  5. Haroon

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Haroon wrote:
    > yes i want to build asp web page to show data from ms access database.
    > also add/remove data from webpage when user clicks add/delete button/options
    > cheers.



    Well, ASP.Net Dynamic Data Web site supports Linq-2-SQL MS SQL Server
    and it supports ADO.NET Entity Framework an ORM solution. ADO.NET EF
    supports MS SQL Server and several other databases, but it doesn't
    support MS Access.

    If I recall, should be able to upload Access data into SQL Server.
     
    Mr. Arnold, Apr 20, 2009
    #5
  6. Haroon

    Haroon Guest

    thanks,
    bascially i want to build a web page in asp to show data from ms access
    database, also be able to add/delete data from the website, without going to
    ms access database.

    also want a search and sort options on the web page.

    many thanks.


    "Pete Hurst" wrote:

    > "Haroon" wrote:
    >
    > > i would like to use access database for storing/retrieving data from my
    > > website instead of oracle sql server database as it is quite basic and
    > > simple
    > > data management.

    >
    > You can use a connection string like this:
    > DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=path/to/database.mdb;
    >
    > Pete
    >
    >
     
    Haroon, Apr 22, 2009
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Kevin Spencer

    Re: Link Link Link DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

    Kevin Spencer, May 17, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    862
    Kevin Spencer
    May 17, 2005
  2. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    361
  3. Haroon

    how to link access database to asp dynamic web page

    Haroon, Apr 22, 2009, in forum: ASP .Net Web Services
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    730
    Haroon
    Apr 22, 2009
  4. TrvlOrm

    ASP link back to Access database

    TrvlOrm, Jun 18, 2004, in forum: Javascript
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    156
    kaeli
    Jun 18, 2004
  5. Trvl Orm

    ASP Link back to Access database

    Trvl Orm, Jun 18, 2004, in forum: Javascript
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    158
    Trvl Orm
    Jun 18, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page