How to link different site-packages to different Python?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Davy, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. Davy

    Davy Guest

    Hi all,

    I have Python 2.4 and 2.5 in my PC. And PythonWin is installed as IDE.

    When I tried to use site-packages "Numpy", I installed the both
    version (i.e. for 2.4 and 2.5).

    Python 2.4 and Numpy for it work together well.

    But when I type "from numpy import *" in Python 2.5. It throw out an
    error indicate that the numpy library is link to Python 2.4 package?
    How to fix this problem?

    The error pasted below is copied from Python 2.5 PythonWin console:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files\nupic-1.4\lib\python2.4\site-packages\numpy
    \__init__.py", line 39, in <module>
    import core
    File "C:\Program Files\nupic-1.4\lib\python2.4\site-packages\numpy
    \core\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    import multiarray
    ImportError: Module use of python24.dll conflicts with this version of
    Python.

    Best regards,
    Davy

    Davy, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Davy

    Boris Borcic Guest

    Davy wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have Python 2.4 and 2.5 in my PC. And PythonWin is installed as IDE.
    >
    > When I tried to use site-packages "Numpy", I installed the both
    > version (i.e. for 2.4 and 2.5).
    >
    > Python 2.4 and Numpy for it work together well.
    >
    > But when I type "from numpy import *" in Python 2.5. It throw out an
    > error indicate that the numpy library is link to Python 2.4 package?
    > How to fix this problem?

    Shouldn't occur if you properly installed python+pythonwin+numpy
    from their respective installer once for each of python 2.4 and 2.5. You may use
    the (Tools/Browse Pythonpath) and (Tools/Edit PythonPath) menu items in each of
    Pythonwin 2.4 and 2.5 to sort things out. If your lazyness isn't caused by your
    impatience, a possibility is to deinstall and then reinstall everything :)

    Boris Borcic, Nov 9, 2007

  3. Davy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    Terry Reedy, Nov 10, 2007