    filled with welcome.htm

    How to be able to (during the jump) .... fill the main frame with the
    news.htm page ?
    Raymond Schmit, Apr 28, 2009

  2. Raymond Schmit schrieb:
    > I have a page on my site where i would like to insert a link to jump
    > on another site.
    >
    > This site is per exemple: http:\\www.foreignsite.com and is a framed
    > site. The index.html position the frames as; title.htm, menu.htm and
    > welcome.htm.
    > On the menu there is a link to change the welcome.htm to news.htm
    >
    > If my link points to http:\\www.foreignsite.com the main frame is
    > filled with welcome.htm
    >
    > How to be able to (during the jump) .... fill the main frame with the
    > news.htm page ?

    Use Javascript or (better) any server-side language (if available on
    your server) like PHP. You can use the query-string (the thing behind a
    ? in an URL, bet you've already seen this somewhere) for submitting the
    information with the link.

    With javascript you can read the query-string (location.search) and
    interprete it to load a specific site into the frame
    (document.framename.location.href = "new.site.de"). Ask in a Javascript
    newsgroup for more information if you want to use Javascript.

    In PHP the query-string is available in $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']. But
    the better way would be to use a variable in the query-string
    (?site=sitename for example) and read it in PHP using $_GET['site'].
    Than you interprete the value (it's risky to use the URL to the site you
    want to load, google for "XSS" or "cross site scripting" if you're
    interested, so use names for the sites and interprete them in your
    script) and print output the HTML-code with the correct path to the site
    in the src-attribute of the frame. Ask in a PHP group for more
    information ;)

    Johannes
    Johannes Hafner, Apr 28, 2009

  3. Raymond Schmit

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    (Raymond Schmit) wrote:

    > I have a page on my site where i would like to insert a link to jump
    > on another site.
    >
    > This site is per exemple: http:\\www.foreignsite.com and is a framed
    > site. The index.html position the frames as; title.htm, menu.htm and
    > welcome.htm.

    Why have you got your slashes back to front, you are not the priest in:

    <http://dorayme.890m.com/jokes/priestCollar.html>

    Is it because you don't want people clicking to go to what is a real
    (unrelated) site?

    > On the menu there is a link to change the welcome.htm to news.htm
    >
    > If my link points to http:\\www.foreignsite.com the main frame is
    > filled with welcome.htm
    >
    > How to be able to (during the jump) .... fill the main frame with the
    > news.htm page ?

    You do this by preparing a frameset with your title, menu, and news
    (instead of welcome) frames. Call it something, does not matter (the url
    bar will not show it anyway), eg. newsFrameset.html and fashion the link
    in your menu with target="_top":

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 28, 2009
  4. On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:08:07 +1000, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
    >
    >> I have a page on my site where i would like to insert a link to jump
    >> on another site.
    >>
    >> This site is per exemple: http:\\www.foreignsite.com and is a framed
    >> site. The index.html position the frames as; title.htm, menu.htm and
    >> welcome.htm.

    >Why have you got your slashes back to front, you are not the priest in:
    >
    ><http://dorayme.890m.com/jokes/priestCollar.html>
    >
    >Is it because you don't want people clicking to go to what is a real
    >(unrelated) site?
    >
    >> On the menu there is a link to change the welcome.htm to news.htm
    >>
    >> If my link points to http:\\www.foreignsite.com the main frame is
    >> filled with welcome.htm
    >>
    >> How to be able to (during the jump) .... fill the main frame with the
    >> news.htm page ?

    >You do this by preparing a frameset with your title, menu, and news
    >(instead of welcome) frames. Call it something, does not matter (the url
    >bar will not show it anyway), eg. newsFrameset.html and fashion the link
    >in your menu with target="_top":

    Sorry for the \\ it's a mistake.
    I effectively can mimick the foreignsite by creating the 3 frames and
    affecting them per example:
    httlp://www.foreignsite.com/index.htm
    httlp://www.foreignsite.com/title.htm
    httlp://www.foreignsite.com/news.htm (instead of welcome.htm)

    This way of doing it, will show the foreignsite as i wish, ok ....
    but the navigation will be impossible, because the baseurl is on
    mysite and not on the foreignsite.
    Raymond Schmit, Apr 29, 2009
  5. Raymond Schmit

    dorayme Guest

    ?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 30, 2009
  6. Johannes Hafner schrieb:
    > Raymond Schmit schrieb:
    >> I have a page on my site where i would like to insert a link to jump
    >> on another site.
    >>
    >> This site is per exemple: http:\\www.foreignsite.com and is a framed
    >> site. The index.html position the frames as; title.htm, menu.htm and
    >> welcome.htm.
    >> On the menu there is a link to change the welcome.htm to news.htm
    >>
    >> If my link points to http:\\www.foreignsite.com the main frame is
    >> filled with welcome.htm
    >>
    >> How to be able to (during the jump) .... fill the main frame with the
    >> news.htm page ?

    > Use Javascript or (better) any server-side language (if available on
    > your server) like PHP. You can use the query-string (the thing behind a
    > ? in an URL, bet you've already seen this somewhere) for submitting the
    > information with the link.
    >
    > With javascript you can read the query-string (location.search) and
    > interprete it to load a specific site into the frame
    > (document.framename.location.href = "new.site.de"). Ask in a Javascript
    > newsgroup for more information if you want to use Javascript.
    >
    > In PHP the query-string is available in $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']. But
    > the better way would be to use a variable in the query-string
    > (?site=sitename for example) and read it in PHP using $_GET['site'].
    > Than you interprete the value (it's risky to use the URL to the site you
    > want to load, google for "XSS" or "cross site scripting" if you're
    > interested, so use names for the sites and interprete them in your
    > script) and print output the HTML-code with the correct path to the site
    > in the src-attribute of the frame. Ask in a PHP group for more
    > information ;)

    Oops, sorry, I did not realise that it's a foreign site. The PHP is no
    possiblit and Javascript only, if you're allowed to load the whole page
    into an frame of yours.

    Johannes
    Johannes Hafner, Apr 30, 2009
  7. On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:04:14 +1000, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >> >You do this by preparing a frameset with your title, menu, and news
    >> >(instead of welcome) frames. Call it something, does not matter (the url
    >> >bar will not show it anyway), eg. newsFrameset.html and fashion the link
    >> >in your menu with target="_top":

    >> I effectively can mimick the foreignsite by creating the 3 frames and
    >> affecting them per example:
    >> httlp://www.foreignsite.com/index.htm
    >> httlp://www.foreignsite.com/title.htm
    >> httlp://www.foreignsite.com/news.htm (instead of welcome.htm)
    >>
    >> This way of doing it, will show the foreignsite as i wish, ok ....
    >> but the navigation will be impossible, because the baseurl is on
    >> mysite and not on the foreignsite.

    >?

    The httlp://www.foreignsite.com/index.htm page contains
    welcome.htm, news.htm, photos.htm, randos.htm instead of
    httlp://www.foreignsite.com/welcome.htm,
    httlp://www.foreignsite.com/news.htm,
    httlp://www.foreignsite.com/photos.htm,
    httlp://www.foreignsite.com/randos.htm

    Therefore clicking on randos.htm will try to load
    httlp://www.mysite.com/randos.htm which didi not exist.
    Raymond Schmit, Apr 30, 2009
  8. Raymond Schmit wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:04:14 +1000, dorayme
    > <> wrote:

    >>> I effectively can mimick the foreignsite by creating the 3 frames and
    >>> affecting them per example:
    >>> httlp://www.foreignsite.com/index.htm
    >>> httlp://www.foreignsite.com/title.htm
    >>> httlp://www.foreignsite.com/news.htm (instead of welcome.htm)
    >>>
    >>> This way of doing it, will show the foreignsite as i wish, ok ....
    >>> but the navigation will be impossible, because the baseurl is on
    >>> mysite and not on the foreignsite.

    >> ?

    > The httlp://www.foreignsite.com/index.htm page contains
    > welcome.htm, news.htm, photos.htm, randos.htm instead of
    > httlp://www.foreignsite.com/welcome.htm,
    > httlp://www.foreignsite.com/news.htm,
    > httlp://www.foreignsite.com/photos.htm,
    > httlp://www.foreignsite.com/randos.htm
    >
    > Therefore clicking on randos.htm will try to load
    > httlp://www.mysite.com/randos.htm which didi not exist.

    Is there some reason that you are consistently using the "unique
    protocol" *httlp*?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan