    Email :
    Phone : (01223) 492 592
    www.ebi.ac.uk/~texier

    Vincent Le-Texier, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Vincent Le-Texier

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Re: how to load a picture to an oracle database with the Load a picture to Oracle with DBI perl module

    "Vincent Le-Texier" <> wrote in message

    > Does anyone know how to load a picture (any format) to an oracle
    > database with the DBI perl module ?
    >
    > A small example will be very usefull.

    Did you try reading the docs for the module you're using? (I presume
    you're using DBD::Oracle, right?)

    http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBD-Oracle-1.16/Oracle.pm#Handling_LOBs
    contains an example of reading a file and writing its contents into an
    Oracle database.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Dec 3, 2004