How to load a url into a frame?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Adrian, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    This may be a really simple problem but I can't seem to figure it out in
    dotnet.

    Using asp (old style) I had an app that received a querystring on the
    server, then parsed out an url from the querystring and sent it back to the
    window_onload event on the client. The client in this case is really an
    iframe on the browser. I want to dynamically load the content of a page
    specified in a querystring inside the iframe. I did this in the past by
    using document.location=myurl on the window_onload event of the iframe's
    content.

    Now I'm trying to port this to dotnet and I find it pretty useful to be able
    to put code into codebehind files and use the events that are available in
    dotnet, like page_load and so on.

    What I'm struggling with is where and how to do the equivalent to what I
    described above.

    Said another way: is there a simple way in asp.net to askt he browser on the
    client to load the content specified by a particular url. The specific url
    is determined on the server and sent up to the client???

    Thanks
    Adrian
    Adrian, Aug 9, 2003