How to load current buffer into interpreter in emacs?

cnb

I'm trying to switch to using emacs for python.

The interpreter and python-mode works but I can't load the file I'm
editing into the interpreter.

im not sure if c-c c-l is supposed to do that but it complains "no
module xxxx" .

what needs to be in my emacs-path?

what needs to be in my windows path?

I have c:/python25. adding that tot he path ads everything inside
python25? i have my programs in:
c:/python25/progs/
in which i have /progdir/someprog.py for example

Niklas Norrthon

I'm trying to switch to using emacs for python.

The interpreter and python-mode works but I can't load the file I'm
editing into the interpreter.

I'm using emacs to edit and run python programs on windows. In
my .emacs I have the following line:

(setq python-python-command "C:\\python25\\python.exe")

And it works.

Another alternative is to set the environment variable PYTHONPATH to
point to the location of the python interpreter, but then you also
need to edit the .../lisp/progmodes/python.el file to use semicolon
(instead of colon) as a path separator. (in emacs 22.1 it is in line
1354 of the file (search for PYTHONPATH).

(Or perhaps you needed to that anyway... I'm not sure).

Good luck
Niklas Norrthon

cnb

i can run the interpreter. its just i cant load a file into it.

i tried adding your suggestion but it didnt help. i dont think thats
the issue though.

Niklas Norrthon

i can run the interpreter. its just i cant load a file into it.

i tried adding your suggestion but it didnt help. i dont think thats
the issue though.

Start the interperter (Menu Python - Start interpreter)
Emacs split the frame in two windows
Place the cursor in the python file (C-x o) if necessary
Eval Buffer (C-c C-c)

Niklas Norrthon

cnb

Start the interperter (Menu Python - Start interpreter)
Emacs split the frame in two windows
Place the cursor in the python file (C-x o) if necessary
Eval Buffer (C-c C-c)

Niklas Norrthon

ok so C-c C-l is just for doing import, not loading current file?

When I do C-c C-c nothing happens at all.