    Please, how do i go about?

    Any help is greatly apprciated.

    Sybolt

    Imda14u, Mar 22, 2009

  2. Imda14u

    dorayme Guest

    In article <49c67333$0$184$4all.nl>,
    Imda14u <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a frameset of two rows.

    > the second frame is a frameset of two columns.
    >
    > Now, i have a hyperlink in the first row of the top frame.
    > When i click the hyperlink, i want to load two files in the frames the
    > second frameset.

    Make the hyperlink go to a new prepared frameset, which has the same top
    frame but a different lower frameset. The lower frameset will have its
    own two frames and you prepare the changes to the these two latter
    frames.

    Post a URL for further details. Please try to use a proper doctype for
    your framesets and validate as best as you can. Use a proper doctype to
    the frames themselves and validate these two.

    If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
    kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
    seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
    spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
    drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 22, 2009

  3. Imda14u

    Imda14u Guest

    dorayme schreef:
    > In article <49c67333$0$184$4all.nl>,
    > Imda14u <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a frameset of two rows.

    >> the second frame is a frameset of two columns.
    >>
    >> Now, i have a hyperlink in the first row of the top frame.
    >> When i click the hyperlink, i want to load two files in the frames the
    >> second frameset.
    >>

    > Make the hyperlink go to a new prepared frameset, which has the same top
    > frame but a different lower frameset. The lower frameset will have its
    > own two frames and you prepare the changes to the these two latter
    > frames.
    >
    > Post a URL for further details. Please try to use a proper doctype for
    > your framesets and validate as best as you can. Use a proper doctype to
    > the frames themselves and validate these two.
    >
    > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
    > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
    > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
    > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
    > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

    Yes, of course.

    i was looking for some javascript snippet using parent and all that, but
    your suggestions is frankly much more straightforward.
    Thanks a lot.

    Sybolt

    Imda14u, Mar 22, 2009
  4. Imda14u

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode,
    <>, the lovely and
    talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:

    > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
    > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
    > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
    > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
    > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

    Framesets? Ha! Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

    --
    Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/>
    61 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

    Lars Eighner, Mar 22, 2009
  5. Imda14u

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Mar 22, 3:30 pm, Lars Eighner <> wrote:
    > In our last episode,
    > <>, the lovely and
    > talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:
    >
    > > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
    > > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
    > > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
    > > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
    > > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

    > Framesets?  Ha!  Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

    And be sure to include an auto-started midi playing at full volume and
    several animated gifs, such as dancing cows, if you want a true
    classic :).

    cwdjrxyz, Mar 22, 2009
  6. Imda14u

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Lars Eighner <> wrote:

    > In our last episode,
    > <>, the lovely and
    > talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:
    >
    > > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
    > > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
    > > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
    > > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
    > > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

    > Framesets? Ha! Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

    You are not wrong Lars. If I design a website for a client in frames, I
    always make sure to include both the above, even going to the trouble of
    mimicking BLINK with an animated gif to cope with those *really
    annoying* prudish browsers that refuse to support this element.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 22, 2009
  7. Imda14u

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    cwdjrxyz <> wrote:

    > On Mar 22, 3:30 pm, Lars Eighner <> wrote:
    > > In our last episode,
    > > <>, the lovely and
    > > talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:
    > >
    > > > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
    > > > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
    > > > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
    > > > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
    > > > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

    > > Framesets?  Ha!  Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

    > And be sure to include an auto-started midi playing at full volume and
    > several animated gifs, such as dancing cows, if you want a true
    > classic :).

    I *must* remember this one too! <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 22, 2009
  8. Imda14u

    Ari Heino Guest

    cwdjrxyz kirjoitti seuraavasti:
    > And be sure to include an auto-started midi playing at full volume and
    > several animated gifs, such as dancing cows, if you want a true
    > classic :).

    .... and text going from edge to edge, cut to small vertical chunks by
    hr-elements or blinking Christmas decoration gif separators :D

    --
    Ari
    http://users.utu.fi/athein/

    Ari Heino, Mar 22, 2009
  9. Imda14u

    Roy A. Guest

    On 22 Mar, 18:19, Imda14u <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a frameset of two rows.
    > the second frame is a frameset of two columns.

    You should forget about framesets and start learning web 2.0.
    Framesets is not working, you can still right click and bookmark any
    frames you want. Framesets won't slow down your pages to much and it
    will work in most browsers. Web 2.0 is the future, but if you want a
    tableless design, framesets is a good alternative.

    Roy A., Mar 23, 2009
  10. Imda14u

    Jani Guest

    On 22 Mrz., 21:05, Imda14u <> wrote:
    > dorayme schreef:
    >
    > > In article <49c67333$0$184$4all.nl>,
    > >  Imda14u <> wrote:

    > >> Hi all,

    > >> I have a frameset of two rows.

    > >> the second frame is a frameset of two columns.

    > >> Now, i have a hyperlink in the first row of the top frame.
    > >> When i click the hyperlink, i want to load two files in the frames the
    > >> second frameset.

    > > Make the hyperlink go to a new prepared frameset, which has the same top
    > > frame but a different lower frameset. The lower frameset will have its
    > > own two frames and you prepare the changes to the these two latter
    > > frames.

    > > Post a URL for further details. Please try to use a proper doctype for
    > > your framesets and validate as best as you can. Use a proper doctype to
    > > the frames themselves and validate these two.

    > > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
    > > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
    > > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
    > > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
    > > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

    > Yes, of course.
    >
    > i was looking for some javascript snippet using parent and all that, but
    > your suggestions is frankly much more straightforward.
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Sybolt

    Wait - just for completness ... I theef it from german's selfhtml.org:
    http://www.validome.org/doc/HTML_ge/javascript/beispiele/zweiframes.htm

    I did not think about it at all.
    I just used 'search&replace' in DW to change it to english

    <head>
    <title>Changing two Frames simultaniously</title>
    </head>
    <frameset cols="180,*">
    <frame src="twoframes_left.htm" name="left">
    <frameset rows="180,*">
    <frame src="twoframes_to.htm" name="top">
    <frame src="twoframes_tu.htm" name="bottom">
    </frameset>

    <head>
    <title>Two frames - Links</title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function ChangeFrame (URI, Framename) {
    parent[Framename].location.href = URI;
    }

    function TwoFramesBack (Framename1, Framename2) {
    Frame2 = parent[Framename2];
    parent[Framename1].history.back();
    if (!window.opera)
    window.setTimeout("Frame2.history.back()", 100);
    }

    function TwoFramesForward (Framename1, Framename2) {
    Frame2 = parent[Framename2];
    parent[Framename1].history.forward();
    if (!window.opera)
    window.setTimeout("Frame2.history.forward()", 100);
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    alink="#000000">
    <hr noshade="noshade" size="1">

    <b>|</b>
    <hr noshade="noshade" size="1">

    <h2>Links</h2>

    Jani, Mar 23, 2009
  11. Imda14u

    basilisk Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Lars Eighner <> wrote:
    >
    >> In our last episode,
    >> <>, the lovely and
    >> talented dorayme broadcast on alt.html:
    >>
    >> > If you cannot get to do what you want after this, you will get every
    >> > kind of help from me because I like seeing framed sites like I like
    >> > seeing old cars on the road, even ones that manage to keep going in
    >> > spite of every possible disadvantage (a sight that makes more modern
    >> > drivers shake their heads and tut tut away).

    >> Framesets? Ha! Real classics include MARQUEE and BLINK.

    > You are not wrong Lars. If I design a website for a client in frames, I
    > always make sure to include both the above, even going to the trouble of
    > mimicking BLINK with an animated gif to cope with those *really
    > annoying* prudish browsers that refuse to support this element.

    http://home.att.net/~keith.martin/

    priceless

    basilisk

    basilisk, Mar 23, 2009
  12. Imda14u

    basilisk Guest

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > basilisk wrote:
    >> "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    >>> You are not wrong Lars. If I design a website for a client in frames, I
    >>> always make sure to include both the above, even going to the trouble of
    >>> mimicking BLINK with an animated gif to cope with those *really
    >>> annoying* prudish browsers that refuse to support this element.
    >>>

    >> http://home.att.net/~keith.martin/
    >>
    >> priceless
    >>
    >> basilisk

    > As I was scrolling the page my mouse ran over a bunch of the links. I
    > think I had an epileptic seizure.

    There is a lot of good content on the site, but the pleasure isn't worth
    the pain.

    basilisk

    basilisk, Mar 23, 2009
  13. Imda14u

    Imda14u Guest

    Roy A. schreef:

    > You should forget about framesets and start learning web 2.0.

    So Roy, what introduction to web 2.0 do you recommend?

    Imda14u, Mar 23, 2009
  14. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Roy A." <>
    writing in news:05b66367-5678-4fa2-9095-
    :

    > On 22 Mar, 18:19, Imda14u <> wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a frameset of two rows.
    >> the second frame is a frameset of two columns.

    > You should forget about framesets and start learning web 2.0.
    > Framesets is not working, you can still right click and bookmark any
    > frames you want. Framesets won't slow down your pages to much and it
    > will work in most browsers. Web 2.0 is the future, but if you want a
    > tableless design, framesets is a good alternative.

    Oh, paleeze! I'm sooooo tired of buzzwords, especially this one. The
    important thing is to use good, clean sematic markup, and separate
    presentation and client side scripting.

    Framesets are NOT a good alternative to tableless design. A good
    alternative is server side includes, or a preprocessor.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 23, 2009
  15. Imda14u

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode, <gq8m4i$5nv$>, the lovely and
    talented basilisk broadcast on alt.html:

    > "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    >> basilisk wrote:
    >>> "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    >>> http://home.att.net/~keith.martin/
    >>>
    >>> priceless
    >>>
    >>> basilisk

    >> As I was scrolling the page my mouse ran over a bunch of the links. I
    >> think I had an epileptic seizure.

    > There is a lot of good content on the site, but the pleasure isn't worth
    > the pain.

    Once again, Lynx (with zgv and mplayer) rulez! There's one JS navigation
    form that is easily circumvented, and otherwise it is smooth sailing with
    Lynx.

    --
    Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/>
    62 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

    Lars Eighner, Mar 23, 2009
  16. Imda14u

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode, <>, the lovely and talented
    Ed Mullen broadcast on alt.html:

    > Lars Eighner wrote:

    >> Once again, Lynx (with zgv and mplayer) rulez! There's one JS navigation
    >> form that is easily circumvented, and otherwise it is smooth sailing with
    >> Lynx.
    >>

    > I can turn off various things in my browser but, normally, I choose not
    > to because virtually all such stuff that I encounter on the Web is
    > benign. This one example of atrocious design and visual effrontery is
    > hardly a valid call to abandon modern browsing technology nor modern
    > design techniques. You like to live in a text world? Great!

    Yes. There is not even one GUI font that is as legible as vga fonts (for
    a similar number of characters on a screen. And of course, I can view
    images and movies and hear audio if I choose.

    > I support you. But I must, in the next breath, dismiss you as totally out
    > of touch with reality.

    > Lynx may be your cup of tea but it is not for the vast majority of
    > people. Nor will it ever be except for those so embedded spiritually,
    > intellectually and technologically into the past that they'll never
    > climb out of the hole.

    Perhaps one day there will be GUIs with legible fonts, without lame
    desktop metaphors, point-and-grunt interface, etc. Sure, it's great if you
    want to do exactly the same things everyone else is doing in exactly the
    same way everyone else is doing them.

    > The point of this exercise was to lampoon someone who whose site is a
    > holdover emblematic of past ignorance and excesses. Yes, there are
    > modern versions. So what? Skip over them. Or get in tune with the joke.

    > I'm over my epileptic fit, never to see that page again. Well. Unless
    > I want a really good laugh.

    > In the meantime, enjoy Lynx and other Luddite-like pursuits.

    Cave walls: the original GUIs. Literacy was the advance. Going back to
    pointing at little pictures is retro to the max.

    Lars Eighner, Mar 24, 2009
  17. Imda14u

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    > > wrote:

    > >> You like to live in a text world? Great! I support
    > >> you. But I must, in the next breath, dismiss you as totally out of
    > >> touch with reality.

    > > I trust you are more relaxed now that you have that off your chest, Ed!
    > > Lars thinks Lynx rules presumably because he can flee from so much
    > > unpleasant reality. I sort of admire this. Are you quite sure you don't?
    > > I mean, secretly! Is there nothing of the monk in you?
    > >

    > Monk? Monk? Hardly! Umm, aren't they, like, celibate?

    er... I was thinking more towards what might be relevant right at the
    top of the human body... <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 24, 2009
  18. Imda14u

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode, <>, the lovely and talented
    Ed Mullen broadcast on alt.html:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >> In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> You like to live in a text world? Great! I support
    >>> you. But I must, in the next breath, dismiss you as totally out of
    >>> touch with reality.

    >> I trust you are more relaxed now that you have that off your chest, Ed!
    >> Lars thinks Lynx rules presumably because he can flee from so much
    >> unpleasant reality. I sort of admire this. Are you quite sure you don't?
    >> I mean, secretly! Is there nothing of the monk in you?
    >>

    > Monk? Monk? Hardly! Umm, aren't they, like, celibate?

    Well, yeah, more or less since Trudy died, but I thought it was more an
    OCD thing.

    Lars Eighner, Mar 24, 2009
  19. Imda14u wrote:
    > Roy A. schreef:
    >
    >> You should forget about framesets and start learning web 2.0.

    > So Roy, what introduction to web 2.0 do you recommend?

    Forget the buzz word Web2.0 What you want to learn is how to do includes
    where the parts of your page is assembled on the server, Google is your
    friend here.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&... to include one web page into another&spell=1
    how to include one web page into another - Google Search

    Either with PHP, ASP, CGI, SSI depends on your your hosting has... Most
    *nix servers have Apache and PHP is available which is probably one of
    the easiest was to do includes

    <?php
    include_once{'my-header.php');
    include_once{'my-menu.php');