How to load zip-compressed XML-file via loadXML into xmlisland?

Dirk Meier

Hi,

I have a problem concerning loadXML and zip-compressed files.

If I use the following code with 'normal' uncompressed
XML-files, there is no problem, the XMLIsland gets loaded
and the element 'elemDoc' is a valid element with the
desired content.

But if I want to use a zip-compressed XML-file, 'elemdoc'
is null, because the XMLIsland remains empty.

Here is the code:

var xmlDocument = loadXML(filename, xmlIsland);
var elemDoc = xmlDocument.documentElement;

The XML-files I want to use are zip-compressed SVG-files
(*.svgz) which are displayed correctly in IE with
Adobe-SVG-viewer. Unfortunately I do not get them
read out with loadXML.

Is there any possibility of loading zip-compressed
XML-files into an XMLIsland?

Thanks in advance,

regards,
Dirk