    johnny Guest

    Anyone know how I can make Machine A python script execute a python
    script on Machine B ?
    johnny, Jul 9, 2007

  2. johnny

    Jay Loden Guest

    If you're running on a UNIX platform, one option would be to use SSH to execute the command remotely. Otherwise, you could also use a client/server setup to have the two scripts communicate across the network and trigger actions etc. It may also be possible to remotely execute an application on Windows using the win32api extensions, but I haven't any idea how you'd go about that. Perhaps others can chime in with detailed information if you let us know what kind of platform you're on and what you're trying to accomplish.

    -Jay

    Jay Loden, Jul 9, 2007

  3. johnny

    Guest

    On Jul 8, 6:45 pm, johnny <> wrote:
    > Anyone know how I can make Machine A python script execute a python
    > script on Machine B ?

    xmlrpc will work.

    ~Sean
    , Jul 9, 2007
  4. <> wrote:
    > On Jul 8, 6:45 pm, johnny <> wrote:
    > > Anyone know how I can make Machine A python script execute a python
    > > script on Machine B ?

    > xmlrpc will work.

    Or pyro

    http://pyro.sourceforge.net/

    Pyro is short for PYthon Remote Objects. It is an advanced and
    powerful Distributed Object Technology system written entirely in
    Python, that is designed to be very easy to use. Never worry about
    writing network communication code again, when using Pyro you just
    write your Python objects like you would normally. With only a few
    lines of extra code, Pyro takes care of the network communication
    between your objects once you split them over different machines on
    the network. All the gory socket programming details are taken care
    of, you just call a method on a remote object as if it were a local
    object!

    Nick Craig-Wood, Jul 9, 2007
  5. johnny

    vasudevram Guest

    On Jul 9, 1:30 pm, Nick Craig-Wood <> wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    > > On Jul 8, 6:45 pm, johnny <> wrote:
    > > > Anyone know how I can make Machine A python script execute a python
    > > > script on Machine B ?

    > > xmlrpc will work.

    > Or pyro
    >
    > http://pyro.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > Pyro is short for PYthon Remote Objects. It is an advanced and
    > powerful Distributed Object Technology system written entirely in
    > Python, that is designed to be very easy to use. Never worry about
    > writing network communication code again, when using Pyro you just
    > write your Python objects like you would normally. With only a few
    > lines of extra code, Pyro takes care of the network communication
    > between your objects once you split them over different machines on
    > the network. All the gory socket programming details are taken care
    > of, you just call a method on a remote object as if it were a local
    > object!
    >
    > --
    > Nick Craig-Wood <> --http://www.craig-wood.com/nick

    >> xmlrpc will work.

    Right. Pretty easy to use. Go to the xml-rpc.com site to read about
    it. Python has it included in the standard library, so you don't need
    to get anything extra to use XML-RPC. And it works as advertised, more
    or less - I recently wrote some simple servers and clients using
    Python and XML-RPC.

    Or SOAP (Google for "Python SOAP"). But not sure if SOAP is actively
    supported for Python nowadays.

    Or ICE - see www.zeroc.com. Haven't tried it out yet, but appears
    interesting.
    But it seems ICE has more overhead to setup (your ICE code, I mean,
    not to install the software itself) than XML-RPC or Pyro. (It looks
    like a lighter version of CORBA - some of the key people who created
    it are ex-CORBA experts). Could possibly give better performance or
    have more features, though ...

    Also, XML-RPC, SOAP, and ICE are all interoperable with different
    languages - meaning your server and client can be in different
    languages; at least, XML-RPC and SOAP have support in many languages,
    while ICE has it for at least for C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP,
    and Visual Basic (some of these have only support for clients, when I
    last checked).

    Vasudev Ram
    http://www.dancingbison.com
    http://jugad.livejournal.com
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf
    vasudevram, Jul 9, 2007
  6. johnny

    Antonio Cuni Guest

    johnny wrote:
    > Anyone know how I can make Machine A python script execute a python
    > script on Machine B ?

    have a look to py.execnet; in the simplest case, it does not need any
    special setup on machine B, just a working ssh server and a python
    interpreter installed:

    http://codespeak.net/py/dist/execnet.html

    ciao Anto
    Antonio Cuni, Jul 11, 2007