how to make a mail client in java. help me please

Albert

hunglduc a écrit :
i need code about mail client. can u please help me
you really want to do this ? there are at least one email client out
there (Columba). Anyway, you could look at javamail on the sun website.

Lew

hunglduc a écrit :
Side note: Please avoid leetspeek in this professional forum.

The word "I" is spelled in upper case, and "you" should be spelled in full.
Interrogatives end in a question mark ("?").

Joshua Cranmer

hunglduc said:
i need code about mail client. can u please help me

Do you need to know how to *write* code, or do you just want a library?

Also, which of the following support do you need:
* IMAP support (which extensions?)
* POP support
* NNTP support (most email clients throw this in)
* Address book support (ditto)
* SMTP support
* HTML mail composition
* HTML mail display
* MIME-type processing
* Client-side filters
* Server-side filter support
* Offline cache support--maildir or mbox?
* Online/offline mail searching
* Proper mail threading (i.e. jwz's threading algorithm)

If you want, I could point you to the requisite RFCs and IANA protocol
assignment pages (although I'll be light on the IMAP LEMONADE
extensions, as there are a few dozen of those).

Arne Vajhøj

hunglduc said:
i need code about mail client. can u please help me

You need either a Java EE server or standalone JavaMail
implementation - then you can code it using the javax.mail
package.

Arne