  1. hunglduc

    hunglduc Guest

    i need code about mail client. can u please help me
    hunglduc, Mar 3, 2009

  2. hunglduc

    Albert Guest

    hunglduc a écrit :
    > i need code about mail client. can u please help me

    you really want to do this ? there are at least one email client out
    there (Columba). Anyway, you could look at javamail on the sun website.
    Albert, Mar 3, 2009

  3. hunglduc

    Lew Guest

    hunglduc a écrit :
    >> i need code about mail client. can u please help me

    Side note: Please avoid leetspeek in this professional forum.

    The word "I" is spelled in upper case, and "you" should be spelled in full.
    Interrogatives end in a question mark ("?").

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 3, 2009
  4. hunglduc wrote:
    > i need code about mail client. can u please help me

    Do you need to know how to *write* code, or do you just want a library?

    Also, which of the following support do you need:
    * IMAP support (which extensions?)
    * POP support
    * NNTP support (most email clients throw this in)
    * Address book support (ditto)
    * SMTP support
    * HTML mail composition
    * HTML mail display
    * MIME-type processing
    * Client-side filters
    * Server-side filter support
    * Offline cache support--maildir or mbox?
    * Online/offline mail searching
    * Proper mail threading (i.e. jwz's threading algorithm)

    If you want, I could point you to the requisite RFCs and IANA protocol
    assignment pages (although I'll be light on the IMAP LEMONADE
    extensions, as there are a few dozen of those).

    tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth
    Joshua Cranmer, Mar 3, 2009
  5. hunglduc

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    hunglduc wrote:
    > i need code about mail client. can u please help me

    You need either a Java EE server or standalone JavaMail
    implementation - then you can code it using the javax.mail
    package.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 4, 2009