How to make a newly created record currently selected

Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
[Unresolved] How to make a newly created record currently selected

Hi guyz,

I'm a newbie in ASP.NET so go easy on me will ya?

I have a gridview which is bound to a sqldatasource. I have enabled selection, paging and sorting on this gridview. The select statement that is used to populate the gridview is ORDER BY the first column in an accending fashion.

User will fill in a set of <input type="text"/> controls and press a <input type="button" /> control to add a new record through the datasource.

Whenever I add a record, the record will not be automatically selected. I need to go to the page where the record is added (which is not necessarily at the last page as the gridview is sorted by the first column in an accending order) and manually click on it in order to select it.

My question is, is there anyway that I can have the newly created record become currently selected and I being brought to the page where the record is, automatically?
Thanx in advance for you help.

Last edited: