    I assume it's a absolutely positioned DIV element.

    Another question is how to make corners round without CSS3 ?

    Thanks
    Roman Ziak, Mar 29, 2006

  2. Roman Ziak wrote:

    > Is there somewhere a coherent example or available production code for
    > something similar to intelliTXT:
    >
    > http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2001/jw-1121-iw-jsharp.html
    >
    > Point on the highlighted words and you get the bubble.

    No bubble whatsoever, and no script errors (yet 336 warnings, CSS warnings
    and errors not included) with Firefox 1.5.0.1/Linux. The site is
    exceptionally slow here if uncached, probably due to the Web counter, many
    iFrames and completely broken source code.

    <URL:http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2001/jw-1121-iw-jsharp.html&ss=1;verbose=1>

    A pretty good example of how not to do it.

    > I assume it's a absolutely positioned DIV element.
    >
    > Another question is how to make corners round without CSS3 ?

    One approach that I recommend against, is (mis)using tables, particularly
    table cells with images, for layout. Another one, that does no harm like
    that, is trying proprietary style properties, implemented e.g. in

    <URL:http://pointedears.de/ufpdb/celestia/?file=stellarcl>

    (The relevant call is at the end of the `body' element, it uses wrapper
    code from dhtml.js.)

    HTH

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Roman Ziak

    Roman Ziak Guest

    Roman Ziak wrote:
    > Is there somewhere a coherent example or available production code for
    > something similar to intelliTXT:
    >
    > http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2001/jw-1121-iw-jsharp.html
    >
    > Point on the highlighted words and you get the bubble.
    >
    > I assume it's a absolutely positioned DIV element.
    >
    > Another question is how to make corners round without CSS3 ?
    >
    > Thanks

    I got the post-it working using DIV. Preview on:

    http://www.darujem.sk/test/viewforum.php?id=148

    No round corners or anything fancy so far. Just basic absolutely
    positioned DIV and XMLHttpRequest to get the first post in the topic.
    Roman Ziak, Mar 30, 2006