how to make a protobuf dependent lib avaliable in a non-protobuf enviroment?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Minxuan Zhuang, Jul 11, 2013.

  1. I have a C++ project depending on protobuf, but there's no guarantee that all users have protobuf installed on there own PC(protobuf is only not the only way of serialization) but they also want to use the project as a lib. In that case, dynamic linking to protobuf while compiling the project is nota choise(the project.so will dynamicly depending on libprotobuf.so) what can I do?
    Minxuan Zhuang, Jul 11, 2013

  2. Minxuan Zhuang

    Öö Tiib Guest

    On Thursday, 11 July 2013 10:32:52 UTC+3, Minxuan Zhuang wrote:
    > I have a C++ project depending on protobuf, but there's no guarantee that
    > all users have protobuf installed on there own PC (protobuf is only not
    > the only way of serialization) but they also want to use the project as a
    > lib. In that case, dynamic linking to protobuf while compiling the project
    > is not a choise(the project.so will dynamicly depending on libprotobuf.so)
    > what can I do?

    C++ language does not contain any features that support delivering or
    installing the software to PCs of your customers so the question is off
    topic here.

    We can not even know what you can do because deployment of software is
    purely platform-specific but you did not mention your target platform nor
    tools of deployment you use. You get best answers if you ask from forums
    devoted to your target platform.
    Öö Tiib, Jul 11, 2013