how to make a protobuf dependent lib avaliable in a non-protobuf enviroment?

Minxuan Zhuang

I have a C++ project depending on protobuf, but there's no guarantee that all users have protobuf installed on there own PC(protobuf is only not the only way of serialization) but they also want to use the project as a lib. In that case, dynamic linking to protobuf while compiling the project is nota choise(the project.so will dynamicly depending on libprotobuf.so) what can I do?

Öö Tiib

I have a C++ project depending on protobuf, but there's no guarantee that
all users have protobuf installed on there own PC (protobuf is only not
the only way of serialization) but they also want to use the project as a
lib. In that case, dynamic linking to protobuf while compiling the project
is not a choise(the project.so will dynamicly depending on libprotobuf.so)
what can I do?

C++ language does not contain any features that support delivering or
installing the software to PCs of your customers so the question is off
topic here.

We can not even know what you can do because deployment of software is
purely platform-specific but you did not mention your target platform nor
tools of deployment you use. You get best answers if you ask from forums
devoted to your target platform.