how to make an applet load user-defined package?

Mark_Galeck

How to have an applet load user-defined package?

I have packages in their own directories, and the applet compiles and
links with them, by use of CLASSPATH env variable. But when it comes
time to run, it ignores that and does not know where the classes (in
the packages) are.

If I don't use packages and put all code in one directory, runs fine.
If I use an application, I can link with and load my packages.

I know applets can't use things like CLASSPATH for security reasons,
but still, they should be able to be compiled out of several packages,
why do I have to put all code together??

Mark