How to make an html table out of that ?

Rolf Kemper

Dear all
please find below a part of code I have returned by sql server. It
describes an error condition as usual in two lines. The additional
text is from the application and should be on top. What I would like
to achive is a simle table with 3 lines:
1st the simple text
2nd MSSSQLError tag 1
3rd MSSSQLError tag 2

I tried varous attempts to select the attributes of the MSSQLError
tags.
In any case I get never everything. My last trisl was to use the
copy-of.
This basically throughs the MSQMLError Tags into the HTML , but only
the first line is shown by IE (probable it has the problem with the
second tag <?MSSQLError ....

##################### test xml below ###############

<NewBlock xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql">

<?MSSQLError HResult="0x80040e2f" Source="Microsoft OLE DB Provider
for SQL Server" Description="The statement has been
terminated."?><?MSSQLError HResult="0x80040e2f" Source="Microsoft OLE
DB Provider for SQL Server" Description="INSERT statement conflicted
with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint
'FK_BlocksTec_tab_const_ProcessTec_tab'. The conflict occurred in
database 'libdb', table 'const_ProcessTec_tab', column
'ProcessTec_ID'."?>COULD NOT INSERT Block

</NewBlock>

################# xml end ##########################

any help is highly welcome

Rolf

So some help is highly welcome.

Joris Gillis

please find below a part of code I have returned by sql server. It
describes an error condition as usual in two lines. The additional
text is from the application and should be on top. What I would like
to achive is a simle table with 3 lines:
1st the simple text
2nd MSSSQLError tag 1
3rd MSSSQLError tag 2

I tried varous attempts to select the attributes of the MSSQLError
tags.
In any case I get never everything. My last trisl was to use the
copy-of.
This basically throughs the MSQMLError Tags into the HTML , but only
the first line is shown by IE (probable it has the problem with the
second tag <?MSSQLError ....

Hi,

AFIAk, you cannot access the 'attributes' of a processing instruction, because it cannot have any. A processing instruction consists of a name and a string value.
Wouldn't it be easier to use regular elements in stead of PIs?

regards,

Richard Tobin

Joris Gillis said:
AFIAk, you cannot access the 'attributes' of a processing instruction,
because it cannot have any.

This is true at the XML level. But applications often use attribute
syntax in the string value of a processing instruction (consider
stylesheet PIs for example, or the not-technically-a-PI XML
declaration). Whether any APIs provide support for parsing them, I
don't know.

-- Richard

Joris Gillis

AFIAk, you cannot access the 'attributes' of a processing instruction,
This is true at the XML level. But applications often use attribute
syntax in the string value of a processing instruction (consider
stylesheet PIs for example, or the not-technically-a-PI XML
declaration). Whether any APIs provide support for parsing them, I
don't know.

Yes, you're right indeed.
I was silently assuming that Rolf is dealing with an XLST. When he tells about an attempt with 'copy-of' I thought that would be an xsl element. In XSLT you're bound to stay at the DOM Level. So you cannot access PI attributes. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

regards,