How to make ASP Code Validate to a W3C Standard

Kenneth Keeley

Hi All,
How do I set Asp.Net to make the html code that it produces meet a W3C
Standard. I would like to make all my pages meet XHTML 1.0 Strict standard
if not at least meet XHTML 1.0 Transitional. When ever I test my pages I
find heaps of "language" Tags as well as custom ASP tags which are not
supported. These custom tags are mainly in Validation expressions. How can I
correct this code. I am currently running Win2K SP4 Server with .Net
framework 1.1

Thanks for any help.
Kenneth

Johann MacDonagh

Those are some great articles. Although not a solution for Kenneth's
situation, ASP.net 2.0 is XHTML 1.1 comliant by default.

Happy coding,
Johann MacDonagh

Matt Berther

Hello Johann,

What makes you think that those articles are for ASP.NET 2.0? Both are related
to ASP.NET 1.1...

Johann MacDonagh

Sorry. I should have been a little clearer. Those articles are great. I was
simply saying that ASP.NET 2.0 will be XHTML 1.1 compliant by default. :)

Johann MacDonagh