    background won't play automatically when opened.
    Here is the flyer: http://www.maxipriest.com/promoad.htm

    How do I make this happen?
    Lola, Jun 4, 2005

  2. Lola wrote:
    > I am sending out a promotional flyer with an audio background mp3. I want
    > my 10-second mp3 audio file that accompanies the fyer to "automatically
    > play" when the email is opened up by the person receiving the email.

    So basically, you want to make your customers and everyone else hate
    you. I recommend that you either stop wanting that or castrate yourself.
    Leif K-Brooks, Jun 4, 2005

  3. Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    > castrate yourself

    Sorry -- that part was definitely over the line in rudeness. I should
    definitely consider thinking before I post.
    Leif K-Brooks, Jun 4, 2005
  4. Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >>castrate yourself

    > Sorry -- that part was definitely over the line in rudeness. I should
    > definitely consider thinking before I post.

    No you were completely correct

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Jun 4, 2005
  5. Lola

    Dan Guest

    Lola wrote:
    > Microsoft Outlook is my email program.

    I pity you for having to put up with that piece of crud.

    > I am sending out a promotional flyer with an audio background mp3. I want
    > my 10-second mp3 audio file that accompanies the fyer to "automatically
    > play" when the email is opened up by the person receiving the email.

    If this is being sent out to the general public, they may be using a
    wide range of different mail programs, many of which may be quite
    incapable of "automatically" playing any sound files that might come in
    along with messages. This incapacity may be intentional on the part of
    recipients who don't want their eardrums assaulted by their e-mail.

    > At this time, I can get the flyer to transfer to the email properly, but the
    > background won't play automatically when opened.
    > Here is the flyer: http://www.maxipriest.com/promoad.htm

    Yuck... In my browser (Mozilla Suite), at least, the text overlaps the
    title graphic in a way that makes it unreadable.

    --
    Dan
    Dan, Jun 4, 2005

    Travis Newbury wrote:

    > No you were completely correct

    Leif, many people to receive that E-mail will hear any sound. I can only
    imagine what nasty HTML accompanies that flyer, so it will not be visible
    to many either.

    Those who can hear the sound will probably be annoyed. Am I the only one who
    listens to music while using the computer?

    People need to read more about the harms of Flash, sounds (even menu item
    clunks), and Microsoft-specific traffic.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Jun 4, 2005
  7. Lola

    The Magician Guest

    In article <FN7oe.108$>, says...
    > Microsoft Outlook is my email program.
    >
    > I am sending out a promotional flyer with an audio background mp3. I want
    > my 10-second mp3 audio file that accompanies the fyer to "automatically
    > play" when the email is opened up by the person receiving the email.
    >
    > At this time, I can get the flyer to transfer to the email properly, but the
    > background won't play automatically when opened.
    > Here is the flyer: http://www.maxipriest.com/promoad.htm
    >
    > How do I make this happen?

    I'm not sure about in Outlook...but in Outlook Express, if you "Create a New Email", and go up to the new email's toolbar...
    Hit "Format>Background>Sound...and a box opens up for you to browse for a sound, and configure it to plays X amount of times or loop it.
    You can also change the email's background color, or add a background stationary or picture that same way.
    Like I said...that's in OE... I haven't had Outlook on this machine for awhile now...so I forget.
    But I'm almost positive there's something similar...or at least a similar workable soloution to doing it in Outlook.
    If not...check the Help file.

    Hope that helps.
    The Magician, Jun 4, 2005
  8. Dan wrote:

    > Lola wrote:
    >> Microsoft Outlook is my email program.

    > I pity you for having to put up with that piece of crud.
    >
    >> I am sending out a promotional flyer with an audio background mp3. I
    >> want my 10-second mp3 audio file that accompanies the fyer to
    >> "automatically play" when the email is opened up by the person receiving
    >> the email.

    > If this is being sent out to the general public, they may be using a
    > wide range of different mail programs, many of which may be quite
    > incapable of "automatically" playing any sound files that might come in
    > along with messages. This incapacity may be intentional on the part of
    > recipients who don't want their eardrums assaulted by their e-mail.

    Microsoft do not know the meaning of the word "obtrusive". That's why they
    can't compete with Google, which stick to light-weight. That's also why
    they are the victims of spyware, viruses, etc.

    >> At this time, I can get the flyer to transfer to the email properly, but
    >> the background won't play automatically when opened.
    >> Here is the flyer: http://www.maxipriest.com/promoad.htm

    > Yuck... In my browser (Mozilla Suite), at least, the text overlaps the
    > title graphic in a way that makes it unreadable.

    The text overlaps very badly and is illegible. I tested it under Firefox,
    which renders pages as correctly as any other browser could.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Jun 4, 2005
  9. Lola wrote:
    > Microsoft Outlook is my email program.

    > I am sending out a promotional flyer with an audio background mp3. I want
    > my 10-second mp3 audio file that accompanies the fyer to "automatically
    > play" when the email is opened up by the person receiving the email.

    Have your victims opted into receiving promotional email from you?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 4, 2005
  10. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >>>castrate yourself

    >> Sorry -- that part was definitely over the line in rudeness. I should
    >> definitely consider thinking before I post.

    > No you were completely correct

    I'm with you. Granted, that might be an impossible task for "Lola", at
    least with the most common meaning of the word.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 4, 2005
  11. Lola

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Blinky the Shark
    <> writing in

    > Travis Newbury wrote:
    >>> Sorry -- that part was definitely over the line in rudeness. I should
    >>> definitely consider thinking before I post.

    >> No you were completely correct

    > I'm with you. Granted, that might be an impossible task for "Lola", at
    > least with the most common meaning of the word.

    Well I'm not the world's most masculine man,<br>
    but I know what I am and that I'm a man,<br>
    and so is Lola.<br>
    Lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo Lola

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne, Jun 4, 2005
  12. Lola

    Mitja Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 05:05:52 +0200, Dan <> wrote:

    >> Here is the flyer: http://www.maxipriest.com/promoad.htm

    > Yuck... In my browser (Mozilla Suite), at least, the text overlaps the
    > title graphic in a way that makes it unreadable.

    So it does in Opera...
    Mitja, Jun 4, 2005
  13. Lola

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Adrienne wrote:

    > Well I'm not the world's most masculine man,<br>
    > but I know what I am and that I'm a man,<br>
    > and so is Lola.<br>
    > Lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo Lola

    BLOCKQUOTE can't contain text directly. Need a P in there.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Jun 4, 2005
  14. In article <d7r6dg$lei$>,
    says...
    > Dan wrote:
    >
    > > Lola wrote:
    > >> Microsoft Outlook is my email program.

    > > I pity you for having to put up with that piece of crud.
    > >
    > >> I am sending out a promotional flyer with an audio background mp3. I
    > >> want my 10-second mp3 audio file that accompanies the fyer to
    > >> "automatically play" when the email is opened up by the person receiving
    > >> the email.

    > > If this is being sent out to the general public, they may be using a
    > > wide range of different mail programs, many of which may be quite
    > > incapable of "automatically" playing any sound files that might come in
    > > along with messages. This incapacity may be intentional on the part of
    > > recipients who don't want their eardrums assaulted by their e-mail.

    > Microsoft do not know the meaning of the word "obtrusive". That's why they
    > can't compete with Google, which stick to light-weight. That's also why
    > they are the victims of spyware, viruses, etc.

    What are you talking about? Sounds like "wittering" to me.

    --
    Hywel

    Kill the Crazy Frog
    http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jun 4, 2005
  15. Lola

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 01:50:29 GMT, "Lola" <>
    wrote:

    >Microsoft Outlook is my email program.

    No it isn't, it's the Ukraine's email program - even your copy of it.

    _Especially_ your copy of it. You are so 0wned.

    >How do I make this happen?

    You don't.
    Please never _EVER_ think of sending promotional emails like this ever
    again.
    Andy Dingley, Jun 4, 2005
  16. Lola

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Toby Inkster <usenet200504
    @tobyinkster.co.uk> writing in news:pan.2005.06.04.08.41.28.301055
    @tobyinkster.co.uk:

    > Adrienne wrote:

    >> Well I'm not the world's most masculine man,<br>
    >> but I know what I am and that I'm a man,<br>
    >> and so is Lola.<br>

    > BLOCKQUOTE can't contain text directly. Need a P in there.

    You're right, and I didn't check it before posting... late at night, etc.
    Who knew Usenet would throw an error? :)

    Adrienne, Jun 4, 2005
  17. Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Lola wrote:
    >

    >>I am sending out a promotional flyer with an audio background mp3. I want
    >>my 10-second mp3 audio file that accompanies the fyer to "automatically
    >>play" when the email is opened up by the person receiving the email.

    > Leif wrote:
    >

    >>So basically, you want to make your customers and everyone else hate
    >>you. I recommend that you either stop wanting that or castrate yourself.

    >>Sorry -- that part was definitely over the line in rudeness. I should
    >>definitely consider thinking before I post.

    > Travis Newbury wrote:
    >

    >>No you were completely correct

    > Leif, many people to receive that E-mail will hear any sound. I can only
    > imagine what nasty HTML accompanies that flyer, so it will not be visible
    > to many either.
    >
    > Those who can hear the sound will probably be annoyed. Am I the only one who
    > listens to music while using the computer?
    >
    > People need to read more about the harms of Flash, sounds (even menu item
    > clunks), and Microsoft-specific traffic.
    >
    > Roy

    What is all this noise about automatically playing emails? It can be
    very helpful for blind-people (with some assistance), for example. Or a
    person working elsewhere and hearing his/her emails.

    In the end, everything can be used constructively or destructively. It
    is for us to choose the right one with our judgement.

    Best
    Animesh Kumar, Jun 6, 2005
  18. Animesh Kumar wrote:
    > What is all this noise about automatically playing emails? It can be
    > very helpful for blind-people (with some assistance), for example. Or a
    > person working elsewhere and hearing his/her emails.

    A blind person will already have software installed to read their
    emails. They won't need the email to do anything special. If the email
    does, it will serve as an annoyance to everyone.
    Leif K-Brooks, Jun 6, 2005
  19. Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    > Animesh Kumar wrote:
    >
    >>What is all this noise about automatically playing emails? It can be
    >>very helpful for blind-people (with some assistance), for example. Or a
    >>person working elsewhere and hearing his/her emails.

    > A blind person will already have software installed to read their
    > emails. They won't need the email to do anything special. If the email
    > does, it will serve as an annoyance to everyone.

    Oh well, it can be argued this way. But if my email program can play
    (pronounce) the email, I dont need the extra assistance software. It
    could be used for non-blind situations too; for instance, my mother does
    not likes reading things on the monitor.

    Best
    Animesh Kumar, Jun 6, 2005
  20. Lola

    kchayka Guest

    Animesh Kumar wrote:

    > What is all this noise about automatically playing emails? It can be
    > very helpful for blind-people (with some assistance),

    Is there some reason you think that blind people don't already use
    assistive technology that reads their email out loud, using settings
    that they prefer (like what voice to use, speed, etc.)? What about those
    that use a braille device instead?

    It's just plain rude to automatically play a sound file. Period.

    kchayka, Jun 6, 2005