  1. Pero

    Pero Guest

    how to make exe app with Linux perl?

    Pero, Dec 27, 2008

  2. "Pero" <> wrote:
    >how to make exe app with Linux perl?

    I can only guess that "exe app" is supposed to mean an executable binary
    for Windows.
    The typical way to do that is called cross compilation, where a compiler
    running on platform X creates a binary for platform Y. While it's a
    quite common scenario I don't quite see where perl comes into the game.

    Anyway, no need for it because there are several pre-compiled perl
    version available for Windows, the most popular probably being
    ActiveState Perl.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Dec 27, 2008

  3. Pero

    Tim Greer Guest

    Pero wrote:

    > how to make exe app with Linux perl?

    Can you clarify your question? Are you looking to just create a program
    in Perl, create one to compile? Looking to make an program run Perl
    code? Or?

    Tim Greer, Dec 27, 2008
  4. Pero

    Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 01:18:33 +0100, "Pero" <> wrote:

    >how to make exe app with Linux perl?

    You CAN! Search for Perl 2 Exe or keywords "Perl executable" for others.
    It takes your script with some crap header references on the top, and imbedds
    Perl the spits out a fine executable you can take and run on machines without
    perl. Ain't that nice?

    sln

    , Dec 28, 2008
  5. Pero wrote:

    > how to make exe app with Linux perl?

    How long have you been on Windows and how
    recently have you switched to Linux?
    You sound like my old self ;- D

    Any way from now on your two best friends are the
    search engine of your choice and the command
    "man -k searchTerm".

    --
    Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable.
    Any system which depends on human reliability is unreliable.

    Ryan McCoskrie, Jan 12, 2009