How to make exe of ruby program on windows?

shilvi parikh

I tried using Rubyscript2exe.rb
using command prompt i have written rubyscript2exe.rb programname.rb
but it is giving error.
Can someone please help?

Michel

Try ocra (gem install ocra)

Quintus

Jarmo Pertman

I remember that i saw some time ago a newer tool, which created .exe
files on Windows from Ruby scripts without doing the extraction into
temp directory as orca is doing when running the .exe. I'm unable to
find that tool now. Does anyone else know about that tool i'm
referring to?

Jarmo

Luis Lavena

I remember that i saw some time ago a newer tool, which created .exe
files on Windows from Ruby scripts without doing the extraction into
temp directory as orca is doing when running the .exe. I'm unable to
find that tool now. Does anyone else know about that tool i'm
referring to?

Yes, is called exerb, is not new:

http://exerb.sourceforge.jp/index.en.html

Coming directly from Japan ;-)

But to work with newer RubyInstaller, you will need the MinGW "port"
of it.

A tutorial on getting that working is here:

http://vert.igino.us/2011/01/05/exerb-101-building-windows-executables-with-ruby/

Written by Gordon Thiesfeld, the author of Pik.