How to make exe with Visual C++?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Andreas Reinhard, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. Hallo!

    I've tried to use MS Visual C++ (Visual Studio .NET) for a while. But I
    couldn't manage to make an exe-file yet. I don't know what I do wrong.

    I tried to compile a Win32 Console Project.
    When I click on

    Build - Build newproject

    it says:

    "
    ------ Build started: Project: newproject, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

    Compiling...
    stdafx.cpp
    Compiling...
    newproject.cpp
    Linking...

    Build log was saved at
    "file://d:\viergewinnt\new\newproject\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    newproject - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

    ---------------------- Done ----------------------

    Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped
    "

    But where is the exe-file then? Or how can I create it?

    Thank u,
    Andreas

    Andreas Reinhard, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Re: How to make exe with Visual C++? [OT]

    Andreas Reinhard wrote:
    > Hallo!
    >
    > I've tried to use MS Visual C++ (Visual Studio .NET) for a while. But I
    > couldn't manage to make an exe-file yet. I don't know what I do wrong.

    You're off topic in this NG. You're better off with a different news-group.

    The simple answer to your question is - look in the "Debug" or "Release"
    directory (depending on the build). However if you look at project
    properties you'll notice that there is an "Output Directory" and this is
    different for different kinds of builds. These directories are relative
    to where your ".vcproj" file or your ".dsp" file is.

    Gianni Mariani, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Andreas Reinhard

    Adam Fineman Guest

    [OT] [Redir - FAQ - First time] Re: How to make exe with Visual C++?

    Andreas Reinhard wrote:
    > Hallo!
    >
    > I've tried to use MS Visual C++ (Visual Studio .NET) for a while. But I
    > couldn't manage to make an exe-file yet. I don't know what I do wrong.

    Your question is off-topic on comp.lang.c++, as it is specific to a
    particular tool. See the following links:

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    - Adam

    --
    Reverse domain name to reply.

    Adam Fineman, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Andreas Reinhard

    satvik7star

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    You can easily do so

    Go to the projects folder in visual studio save folder.Open up a project folder and open the debug folder in it.There is an executable file in it.
    But first you have to build your project by pressing Ctrl+Shift+b

    satvik7star, Apr 3, 2012