    and saved it as pyt.txt

    Now, how do I make pyt.exe file ???
    I want to run it on windows where isn't installed python.

    BOOGIEMAN, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Gian Mario Tagliaretti, Jan 2, 2005

  3. BOOGIEMAN

    BOOGIEMAN Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:56:45 +0100, Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrote:

    > don't be scared when you see the dimension of the files...

    1.9 Mb for a console application ?!
    And is it possible to make Windows application ?
    I want to display results in windows message box.

    BOOGIEMAN, Jan 2, 2005
  4. BOOGIEMAN

    Maurice LING Guest

    Hi all,

    This may be OT but is there a way to do the same for *nix type of
    system? Like cast a python interpreter with scripts together?

    I'm running Mac OSX here.

    The only remote idea I have is to use jythonc to convert everything into
    ..class files and package that as a .jar file but I can't do that with C
    bindings.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Maurice

    Maurice LING, Jan 2, 2005
  5. BOOGIEMAN

    Tim Jarman Guest

    Maurice LING wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > This may be OT but is there a way to do the same for *nix type of
    > system? Like cast a python interpreter with scripts together?
    >
    > I'm running Mac OSX here.

    For OSX, google for py2app - for *nix in general, I believe freeze is your
    mman, although so many *nixen ship with Python these days it's not such an
    issue.

    --
    Website: www DOT jarmania FULLSTOP com

    Tim Jarman, Jan 2, 2005
  6. On 2005-01-02, BOOGIEMAN <> wrote:

    >> don't be scared when you see the dimension of the files...

    > 1.9 Mb for a console application ?!

    Yup. I know it's rather small for a Windows application.

    > And is it possible to make Windows application?

    Yes.

    > I want to display results in windows message box.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Pardon me, but do you
    at know what it means to be

    Grant Edwards, Jan 2, 2005
  7. Maurice LING <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > This may be OT but is there a way to do the same for *nix type of
    > system? Like cast a python interpreter with scripts together?

    Yes, but fortunately on the Mac you don't need that.

    > I'm running Mac OSX here.

    Assuming we're talking Mac OS X 10.3 or later, Python itself comes with
    the operating system (it's used somewhere in stuff provided with the
    system, such as fax handling). As I saw others suggest, google for
    py2app, it's probably the best way to handle this for the Mac today.

    Alex

    Alex Martelli, Jan 2, 2005
  8. BOOGIEMAN wrote:
    > Just how to make *.exe file from python code ??
    > I typed this :
    >
    > a, b = 0, 1
    > while b < 1000:
    > print b,
    > a, b = b, a+b
    >
    > and saved it as pyt.txt
    >
    > Now, how do I make pyt.exe file ???
    > I want to run it on windows where isn't installed python.

    You may want to try cx_freeze.

    Details on it can be found at
    http://starship.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Freeze/

    Binaries are available for Linux and Windows.

    Alternately, source code is available if you need to compile it for a
    different platform.

    --
    Thank you,
    Andrew Robert

    E-mail:
    Ur: http://shardservant.no-ip.info

    Andrew Robert, Jan 5, 2005
  9. Also, you can try with py2exe. It's very easy.
    Catalin.

    Catalin Lungu, Jan 5, 2005
  10. BOOGIEMAN

    Fuzzyman Guest