how to make impossible to select content of textbox?

Luc

Hi,

i need two textboxes, one for entering and another for confirming an
emailaddress.

What i want is to make impossible to select the emailaddress in the first
textbox in order not to be able to copy it in the second textbox.

I'm sure it's possible to do that asp.net (ajax?), but how?
Thanks
Luc

Guest

Hi,

i need two textboxes, one for entering and another for confirming an
emailaddress.

What i want is to make impossible to select the emailaddress in the first
textbox in order not to be able to copy it in the second textbox.

I'm sure it's possible to do that asp.net (ajax?), but how?
Thanks
Luc

Hi Luc

try

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"
oncopy="return false"
onpaste="return false"
oncut="return false"></asp:TextBox>

Hope this help

Luc

Thanks

Hi,

i need two textboxes, one for entering and another for confirming an
emailaddress.

What i want is to make impossible to select the emailaddress in the first
textbox in order not to be able to copy it in the second textbox.

I'm sure it's possible to do that asp.net (ajax?), but how?
Thanks
Luc

Hi Luc

try

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"
oncopy="return false"
onpaste="return false"
oncut="return false"></asp:TextBox>

Hope this help

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest

Thanks

"Anon User" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht

Hi Luc

try

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"
oncopy="return false"
onpaste="return false"
oncut="return false"></asp:TextBox>

Hope this help

I'm glad that it's helped you out. I just noticed that oncopy and
onpaste are not working in Opera

Luc

Maybe one more question:

I use Visual Web Developer but when i go to the properties of Textbox in the
aspx file, i only see OnLoad, OnUnload and some others, but no oncopy,
oncut, onpaste.
Are those functions asp.net functions or javascript? If javascript, where
can i see the whole list of such functions?

Thanks

[...]

onpaste are not working in Opera- Hide quoted text -

Those are DHTML events. That's the reason why you don't see them.
Because ASP.NET doesn't "know" them, they will be rendered to the
client "as is".

You can find more events here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533051.aspx

Hope this helps.