    Thanks for your help.

    Bernd

    , Aug 11, 2004

  2. Bernd Guest

    wrote in message news:<cfdops$>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > does anybody know, how to make a JTabbedPane transparent?
    > I tried setOpaque(false) on the JTabbedPane and all
    > its tab-panes, but it doesn't work.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Bernd

    Ok, i found a workaround for the problem.

    Perhaps this is useful for somebody else:

    I had a look at the java source code, then - after some
    trial and error- implemented a new TabbedPaneUI by overriding
    a couple of methods. That did it.

    If somebody knows a more elegant way, please post.

    Greetings

    Bernd

    Bernd, Aug 16, 2004