how to make linux makefile work in visual c++?

chenqy2004

I used to code in unix. Now I need to run them in Visual C++. But I
don't know how to change the makefile so that it will work for visual
c++. Can anyone help me out?

Tim Prince

I used to code in unix. Now I need to run them in Visual C++. But I
don't know how to change the makefile so that it will work for visual
c++. Can anyone help me out?
Use gnu make, fix up your .SUFFIXES and macros to correspond with VC++.
Some people even go so far as to put in a
mv $*.obj $*.o
step to avoid translating dependencies.

chenqy2004

Thanks for your reply. I have never used gnu make before. Is there any
step by step instruction for a newbie like me?