how to make network ioctl call from java

Roger

Hello,
I am wondering howto/what is the preferred method is for making an
ioctl (e.g. SIOCGIFCONF, or whatever) call into a network interface
driver in java? I am using a linux kernel 2.4.20-8 and Sun's JDK 1.4.2
(and Borland's Jbuilder 9 also). I have a custom network driver I'm
working on and need to frequently poll status for some special
purposes, debugging, etc. Any thoughts appreciated...
:0)

Christophe Vanfleteren

Roger said:
Hello,
I am wondering howto/what is the preferred method is for making an
ioctl (e.g. SIOCGIFCONF, or whatever) call into a network interface
driver in java? I am using a linux kernel 2.4.20-8 and Sun's JDK 1.4.2
(and Borland's Jbuilder 9 also). I have a custom network driver I'm
working on and need to frequently poll status for some special
purposes, debugging, etc. Any thoughts appreciated...
:0)

There's no way to do such things with java directly, you'll have to use
native code instead. You should look into JNI (Java Native Interface) to
accomplish this.