How to make only one radio button selectable in Datalist?

David Hearn

I have a datalist that I have inserted a radio button into. The datalist
populates with a list of items and each one has a radio button next to it. I
need to use the radio button to allow the user to select a default item so
when the user clicks one of the radio buttons, it needs to clear the checked
property from the rest. This is default behavior for the radio button, but
it doesn't work when it is embedded into a datalist. I have tried assigning
the group name to the radio button but it just ignores it in this case.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

I wonder if you can use a stripped-down datagrid rather than a datalist to
get around the bug?

David Hearn

Thanks for your reply Ken. Looks like I will have to try the stripped down
datagrid.