    Dear all,

    Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

    Simon

    simon lee, Nov 28, 2003

  2. simon lee

    rf Guest

    [crossposted newsgroups snipped, not on my server]

    "simon lee" <> wrote in message
    > Dear all,

    Er, I'm not all :)

    > Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

    1) Find a site that use them and look at the source.

    2) Have you actually looked anywhere?

    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=coloured scrollbars

    The very first hit:
    http://beta.ezboard.com/fcooltipsntricksfrm10.showMessage?topicID=11.topic
    tells you how, as do the next several pages of hits. There is even one in
    there that generates the CSS for you.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Nov 28, 2003

  3. simon lee wrote:

    > Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color,

    In Windows, right click on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the
    popup menu.

    Click on the "Appearance" tab. From the "Item" drop-down list, choose "3D
    Objects".

    Now choose your favourite colour and press "OK".

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Nov 28, 2003
  4. simon lee

    Barefoot Kid Guest

    "Toby A Inkster" <> wrote in message
    | simon lee wrote:
    |
    | > Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color,
    |
    | In Windows, right click on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the
    | popup menu.
    |
    | Click on the "Appearance" tab. From the "Item" drop-down list, choose "3D
    | Objects".
    |
    | Now choose your favourite colour and press "OK".

    think he wants to know how to set custom scroll bar colours for web pages not for the appearance of
    his own windows scroll bars....unless u were being sarky of course...
    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk
    0795 6576 319

    Barefoot Kid, Nov 28, 2003
  5. "Barefoot Kid" <> wrote:

    > think he wants to know how to set custom scroll bar colours for web
    > pages not for the appearance of his own windows scroll
    > bars....

    Of course.

    > unless u were being sarky of course...

    Toby gave the useful answer, instead of the requested one. That's how
    Usenet works, when you're lucky. (You are still allowed to complain
    of course.) You were supposed to get the point that you're not supposed
    to do such things as an author.

    Anyone can use his money to buy consultation that gives the requested
    answers. (In this case, the consultation would basically consist of
    reading the documentation of IE, regarding scrollbar properties, for
    the client. Sorry if I spoiled someone's opportunity to get cheap
    money.)

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Nov 28, 2003
  6. Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    > Sorry if I spoiled someone's opportunity to get cheap
    > money.)

    heh - nice idea, but I fear there is no such thing.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Nov 28, 2003
  7. simon lee

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Nov 28, 2003
  8. simon lee

    J&D Guest

    IE allways, Opera sometimes (optionaly)

    J&D

    "Nico Schuyt" <> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
    > simon lee wrote:
    > > Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/samples/author/dhtml/refs/scrollbarColor.
    htm

    J&D, Nov 30, 2003
  9. simon lee