How to make scrollbar to have special color

simon lee

Dear all,

Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

Simon

rf

[crossposted newsgroups snipped, not on my server]

simon lee said:
Dear all,

Er, I'm not all :)
Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color, thanks

1) Find a site that use them and look at the source.

2) Have you actually looked anywhere?

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=coloured+scrollbars

The very first hit:
http://beta.ezboard.com/fcooltipsntricksfrm10.showMessage?topicID=11.topic
tells you how, as do the next several pages of hits. There is even one in
there that generates the CSS for you.

Cheers
Richard.

Toby A Inkster

simon said:
Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color,

In Windows, right click on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the
popup menu.

Click on the "Appearance" tab. From the "Item" drop-down list, choose "3D
Objects".

Now choose your favourite colour and press "OK".

Barefoot Kid

| simon lee wrote:
|
| > Please help me to set the scroll bar to have special color,
|
| In Windows, right click on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the
| popup menu.
|
| Click on the "Appearance" tab. From the "Item" drop-down list, choose "3D
| Objects".
|
| Now choose your favourite colour and press "OK".

think he wants to know how to set custom scroll bar colours for web pages not for the appearance of
his own windows scroll bars....unless u were being sarky of course...

Jukka K. Korpela

Barefoot Kid said:
think he wants to know how to set custom scroll bar colours for web
pages not for the appearance of his own windows scroll
bars....

Of course.
unless u were being sarky of course...

Toby gave the useful answer, instead of the requested one. That's how
Usenet works, when you're lucky. (You are still allowed to complain
of course.) You were supposed to get the point that you're not supposed
to do such things as an author.

Anyone can use his money to buy consultation that gives the requested
answers. (In this case, the consultation would basically consist of
reading the documentation of IE, regarding scrollbar properties, for
the client. Sorry if I spoiled someone's opportunity to get cheap
money.)