    button.
    ---- end

    may i know how to do this effect in perl ?

    Darick, May 30, 2004

  2. Darick

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Darick <> wrote in
    news::

    > when i try to click back button in some website, the website will show
    > the message in the following :-
    >
    > ---- start
    > Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
    > information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available.
    > As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically
    > resubmit your information for you.
    >
    > To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
    > button.
    > ---- end
    >
    > may i know how to do this effect in perl ?

    You don't. It's all client-side. Most browsers will complain if you try
    to reload a page that was returned as the result of a form submission using
    the POST method. That's because the relevant recommendations assert that
    POST requests are not to be regarded as idempotent, which is to say that
    the result of submitting multiple POST requests is, in general, quite
    different from the result of submitting a single request.

    The reference to "Internet Explorer" in the message you saw should really
    clue you in that it came from the browser itself, not the server on the
    other end.

    Eric Bohlman, May 30, 2004

  3. In article <Xns94F93EDF985E1ebohlmanomsdevcom@130.133.1.4>,
    Eric Bohlman <> wrote:
    :Darick <> wrote in
    :news::

    :> when i try to click back button in some website, the website will show
    :> the message in the following :-

    :> Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using

    :> may i know how to do this effect in perl ?

    :You don't. It's all client-side. Most browsers will complain if you try
    :to reload a page that was returned as the result of a form submission using
    :the POST method.

    True, but it is also possible to cause this effect for non-form
    pages, by sending an appropriate 'expires' header.
    --
    When your posts are all alone / and a user's on the phone/
    there's one place to check -- / Upstream!

    Walter Roberson, May 30, 2004
  4. Darick wrote:

    > the message in the following :-
    >
    > ---- start
    > Warning: Page has Expired

    > may i know how to do this effect in perl ?

    An expiration date can be included in the HTTP response. LWP gives you
    access to all the HTTP headers in the response it receives, so all you need
    to do is look for an expiration date, and if one is included compare it
    against the current date.

    You didn't say what GUI toolkit you're using to write your browser, so I'm
    afraid I can't help you display the warning dialog. Sorry!

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, May 30, 2004
  5. Darick

    Darick Guest

    On 30 May 2004 14:19:56 GMT, -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter
    Roberson) wrote:

    >In article <Xns94F93EDF985E1ebohlmanomsdevcom@130.133.1.4>,
    >Eric Bohlman <> wrote:
    >:Darick <> wrote in
    >:news::
    >
    >:> when i try to click back button in some website, the website will show
    >:> the message in the following :-
    >

    >:> Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
    >
    >:> may i know how to do this effect in perl ?
    >
    >:You don't. It's all client-side. Most browsers will complain if you try
    >:to reload a page that was returned as the result of a form submission using
    >:the POST method.
    >
    >True, but it is also possible to cause this effect for non-form
    >pages, by sending an appropriate 'expires' header.

    may i know how to send an 'expires' header ? could u show me ?

    Darick, May 30, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    Darick <> wrote:
    :may i know how to send an 'expires' header ? could u show me ?

    http://vancouver-webpages.com/proxy.html

    "RFC1945 (the HTTP1.0 spec.) says that if the Expires date is equal
    to or earlier than the value of the Date header, the recipient must
    not cache the document. A value of zero (0) or an invalid date
    format should be considered equivalent to an "expires immediately."

    http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/webclient/ch05.html

    $r->header($field [=> $val],...)

    When called with just an HTTP header as a parameter, this
    method returns the current value for the header. For
    example, $myobject->('content-type') would return the value
    for the object's Content-type header. To define a new
    header value, invoke header( ) with an associative array of
    header => value pairs, where value is a scalar or reference
    to an array. For example, to define the Content-type
    header, one would do this:

    $r->header('content-type' => 'text/plain')
    --
    The image data is transmitted back to Earth at the speed of light
    and usually at 12 bits per pixel.

    Walter Roberson, May 30, 2004
  7. Darick

    krakle Guest

    Darick <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > when i try to click back button in some website, the website will show
    > the message in the following :-
    >
    > ---- start
    > Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
    > information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available.
    > As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically
    > resubmit your information for you.
    >
    > To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
    > button.
    > ---- end
    >
    > may i know how to do this effect in perl ?

    This isn't a Perl question. Nor is it relevant to this newsgroup. So
    be prepared for 25 more people to tell you the same over and over...
    and over again.

    krakle, May 30, 2004