    Most web servers use session management (most use cookies), but how
    can I tackle session communications at client side?

    Appreciate any helps.

    Xu, C.S., Sep 13, 2003

  2. Xu, C.S.

    Peter Hansen Guest

    "Xu, C.S." wrote:

    > How can I make 2 visits to a website session related with python's urllib?
    > For example, I want my first visit to login ebay.com, next visit to
    > obtain my listed items info on ebay. How can I make it?
    >
    > Most web servers use session management (most use cookies), but how
    > can I tackle session communications at client side?

    http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientCookie/

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Xu, C.S.

    John J. Lee Guest

    Peter Hansen <> writes:

    > "Xu, C.S." wrote:
    > >
    > > How can I make 2 visits to a website session related with python's urllib?
    > > For example, I want my first visit to login ebay.com, next visit to
    > > obtain my listed items info on ebay. How can I make it?
    > >
    > > Most web servers use session management (most use cookies), but how
    > > can I tackle session communications at client side?

    > http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientCookie/

    Cookies aren't the only state, so make sure to read 3rd paragraph of
    this, too:

    http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientCookie/doc.html#debugging

    I should move most of that to the general FAQ page...

    John

    John J. Lee, Sep 13, 2003
  4. Xu, C.S.

    JanC Guest

    (John J. Lee) schreef:

    > Cookies aren't the only state,

    Your "Referer" handler works good too... :)

    But the "HTTP-EQUIV"/"Refresh" handler seems to have some problems.
    (I'll mail you about this when I know what exactly triggers the problem I
    have--I suspect some illegal HTML...)

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Sep 14, 2003
  5. Xu, C.S.

    Xu, C.S. Guest

    ClientCookie works great with ebay, and a few other sites I'm interested.

    I'd like to donate a few bucks for the author to buy several cups of
    coffee during writing more interesting python modules. Where should I
    send the money to? Paypal, or check?

    ClientCookie will save me a lot time, guaranteed!

    Xu, C.S., Sep 17, 2003
  6. Xu, C.S.

    John J. Lee Guest

    (Xu, C.S.) writes:

    > ClientCookie works great with ebay, and a few other sites I'm interested.
    >
    > I'd like to donate a few bucks for the author to buy several cups of
    > coffee during writing more interesting python modules. Where should I
    > send the money to? Paypal, or check?

    [...]

    Rest assured my postal address will quickly find its way to you! :))

    John

    John J. Lee, Sep 17, 2003