How to make webpage?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Nikunj Gupta, Mar 18, 2007.

  1. Nikunj Gupta

    Nikunj Gupta Guest

    Hi, I am new to Ruby and want to make 3 static web pages, which has
    basic menus "users, Roles and permissions".

    users information should consists of "Login, First name, Last name and
    email".
    list should show only 10 users.

    form for adding user and mandatory fields "Login and email id"

    user accounts should show user information and user information should
    show role name and role description.

    please tell me how to make this webpage or else please send me the
    coding so that i can understand step by step with the help of some book.

    regards,

    Nikunj, nikunjgupta1 at gmail dot com

    Nikunj Gupta, Mar 18, 2007

  2. Nikunj Gupta

    Tim Becker Guest

    On 3/18/07, Nikunj Gupta <> wrote:
    > Hi, I am new to Ruby and want to make 3 static web pages, which has
    > basic menus "users, Roles and permissions".

    > please tell me how to make this webpage or else please send me the
    > coding so that i can understand step by step with the help of some book.

    In short, you'll probably need to learn to program or hire someone to
    do this for you. You'll also not need ruby to build static pages.
    Tim Becker, Mar 18, 2007

  3. Nikunj Gupta

    John Joyce Guest

    >> On 3/18/07, Nikunj Gupta <> wrote:
    >> > Hi, I am new to Ruby and want to make 3 static web pages, which has
    >> > basic menus "users, Roles and permissions".

    >> > please tell me how to make this webpage or else please send me the
    >> > coding so that i can understand step by step with the help of

    >> some book.

    That is not a static web page. Static means unchanging. (in the case
    of web pages it means they don't change without a person altering
    them and they always appear the same way to everyone)
    What you want is a dynamic web site. A web application. Sounds like
    you are new to making web pages. Start with xhtml and css first, then
    you'll be ready.
    John Joyce, Mar 19, 2007
  4. Nikunj Gupta

    Nikunj Gupta Guest

    Nikunj Gupta, Mar 19, 2007
  5. Nikunj Gupta

    Harry Guest

    On 3/19/07, Nikunj Gupta <> wrote:
    > Yes, John Joyce is right, please send me the code if possible.
    > regards,
    > Nikunj,

    I think he means that you should study xhtml and css first.
    Then try for yourself.
    If you need Ruby, and you have a more specific question, you should ask here.
    Many people are very helpful if you have a specific question.

    Good luck and enjoy.

    Harry

    --

    http://www.kakueki.com/ruby/list.html
    Japanese Ruby List Subjects in English
    Harry, Mar 19, 2007
  6. Nikunj Gupta

    Harry Guest

    On 3/19/07, Nikunj Gupta <> wrote:
    > Yes, John Joyce is right, please send me the code if possible.
    > regards,

    If you want sample code, you can find a website that does what you are
    looking for and view the source code. But, if you do not understand
    html then it may seem very confusing.
    Get a book :)

    Regards,

    Harry