how to manage an indented file with dom.

YGUEL

I try to parse an indented xml file with dom xerces c++.
the file is like that :
<root>
<child1>
<field1> blabla </field1>
<field2> blibli </field2>
</child1>
<child2>
<field1> blabla </field1>
<field2> blibli </field2>
</child2>
</root>

where return an white spaces ar in the xml file. So the program I writed with dom
give me this tree
root has five childs :
text-node child1 text-node child2 text-node

the text of the first text-node is "\n "
the text of the second text-node is "\n "
the text of the third text-node is "\n"

this space fact occurs at each step in the tree hierarchy.
My questions are : is it possible to strip these node automatically ?
Are text-node, which are a mixed soap of text and nodes, part of the standard xml ?

Thanks

Manuel Yguel

the problem doesn't occure with the qt parser so I think it is possible
with xerces but how ?