How to manage DLL references in a web service ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by mais, Feb 27, 2007.

  1. mais

    mais Guest

    Hi!
    I've a big question ...
    I wrote a web service method which reference a C++.net class library. This
    class library also reference other C (Visual Studio 6.0) class library.
    Normally all works fine but when I try to use the C++.net class library in a
    web service running under IIS (putting all DLLs in the "bin" folder of the
    website) IE tells me that the C libraries couldn't be found. IIS find these
    DLLs jujst putting them in Windows/System32 returning in this case an "Access
    denied" error.
    Note that if I try to run the web service in debug mode the method works
    PERFECTLY, finding the DLLs in the "bin" folder...
    Someone can tell me how I can tell IIS to search the C libraries in the
    "bin" folder ????

    Thanks !

    Luca

    mais, Feb 27, 2007