    How to automatically set classpaths by batch files?or any other option
    And
    How to manage maximum CLASSPATH variable length?Plz help.

    VJava, Feb 17, 2005

  2. VJava

    Oscar kind Guest

    VJava <> wrote:
    > How to automatically set classpaths by batch files?or any other option
    > And
    > How to manage maximum CLASSPATH variable length?Plz help.

    See the answer to a similar post in comp.lang.java.help.
    Or read the manual page; whichever you prefer.

    --
    Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

    Oscar kind, Feb 17, 2005

  3. VJava

    Malte Guest

    VJava wrote:
    > How to automatically set classpaths by batch files?or any other option
    > And
    > How to manage maximum CLASSPATH variable length?Plz help.

    For batch files I do things like:

    export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/home/whatever/ad-nauseam

    On Windows I'd do it the Windows way, but basically just the same. Each
    program (i.e. executalbe jar file) gets started by setting its own
    CLASSPATH. This way I do not have to pollute the the environment with a
    lot of junk.

    If you exeed 'maximum CLASSPATH variable length' you might need to alter
    your design.

    Malte, Feb 17, 2005