How to manage maximum CLASSPATH variable length?Plz help.

VJava

How to automatically set classpaths by batch files?or any other option
And
How to manage maximum CLASSPATH variable length?Plz help.

Oscar kind

VJava said:
How to automatically set classpaths by batch files?or any other option
And
How to manage maximum CLASSPATH variable length?Plz help.

See the answer to a similar post in comp.lang.java.help.
Or read the manual page; whichever you prefer.

Malte

VJava said:
How to automatically set classpaths by batch files?or any other option
And
How to manage maximum CLASSPATH variable length?Plz help.
For batch files I do things like:

export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/home/whatever/ad-nauseam

On Windows I'd do it the Windows way, but basically just the same. Each
program (i.e. executalbe jar file) gets started by setting its own
CLASSPATH. This way I do not have to pollute the the environment with a
lot of junk.

If you exeed 'maximum CLASSPATH variable length' you might need to alter
your design.