How to manage users on deployed web server (.Net 2.0)

Donald Adams

Hi,

The web utility in VS.Net 2005 for managing security: Users, Roles and
Access is great, but once I deploy to the web server, how can I access the
web utility? I couldn't find anything in the docs that worked.

Thanks in advance,

Donald

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hi,

you can't. This feature was pulled from the final release - i heard that
their will be a toolkit available at some point, but mainly targeted at ISPs.

Donald Adams

Thanks for the reply.

Any open source solutions available that one could use? Seems strange to
release a partial solution, user register then devs. have to pull the
database back to the dev. machine in order to assign roles and access
rights. I'd be happy with even an ugly (useful) web admin tool, rather than
to pull the database file off a live system.

,,,
Donald.

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hi,

well - it is quite easy to do that on your own - the admin GUI primarily
uses the built-in security controls - yeah - there is some more work involved
- but not that much...