how to manipulate a drop down list to show multiple column

marty.overdear

I am re-writing an access application using vb.net and oracle. Access
has a drop down list that shows value 'a'. When selecting the pulldown
list, it shows
'a' | 'b' | 'c'
after selecting the row u want, it goes back to showing 'a'.

I can't get that functionality to work. I can concat the fields in my
sql statement to get the 'a' | 'b' | 'c' or I can get just 'a'. Can't
get both like it is done in access.

What is the best way to accomplish this??

Guest

Huh?
Are you saying you dont know how to add the values to the DDL or are you
saying you arent sure how to get them out?

The helpfiles on MSDN show both decently.

ralf

sorry for the bad explanation. I do know how to add values to the DDL
and I do know how to get the values out of the DDL. My dilema is when I
go to the page and there is a value in the DDL, lets say 'dog'. When I
click to expand the DDL, I need additional info displayed with it, lets
say, 'dog | shepherd'. I have access to the multiple fields I want to
display. I want the single value displayed when the DDL is closed up
and I want an extension to the single value displayed when it is
expanded. I can bind the data and get all the values to say 'dog' or
bind and get all of them to say 'dog | shepherd'. But, I need a
combination of both of them and I can only get one or the other.